PDA

View Full Version : Best places to eat solo?

GeorgeOfTheJungle
02-29-2016, 10:48 AM
What are some of your favorite restaurants in WDW to eat solo, besides any counter service?

BrerGnat
02-29-2016, 11:40 AM
I like Kona Cafe. Also I would eat at a bar solo. I ate solo at Crew's Cup Lounge at Yacht Club and it was amazing! Wouldn't hesitate to do so at any other bar that serves food.

Hammer
02-29-2016, 02:06 PM
I have done many solo trips to Walt Disney World. In fact, I will have a solo day at WDW in 10 days as my sister is arriving a day after me. I am having light lunch at Chefs de France and a late dinner at Captain's Grille. The waitstaff at Chefs is really great to solo diners. I have eaten at many different restaurants solo, though I usually don't eat at character buffets. As I used to travel a lot for business at my last job, I am comfortable sitting at a table alone. Agree with Kona Cafe (you can eat at Kona Island). One of my other favorites is eating at the sushi bar at California Grill.

DisneyDINK
02-29-2016, 05:21 PM
Some bars such as the Cali Grill and 50's Prime serve the full menu at the bar while others such as the Territory Lounge and Crews Cup don't, so check the menus online. Love the CG, 50s Prime, Crews Up, Kimono's @ the Swan and Bluezoo at the Dolphin for dining solo.

Checkers
02-29-2016, 06:21 PM
Last time I was down solo, I ate at Via Napoli and the waiter treated me like his "mom". Very sweet and the food was delicious.

Lindslou
03-10-2016, 11:12 AM
Some bars such as the Cali Grill and 50's Prime serve the full menu at the bar while others such as the Territory Lounge and Crews Cup don't, so check the menus online. Love the CG, 50s Prime, Crews Up, Kimono's @ the Swan and Bluezoo at the Dolphin for dining solo.

I second the suggestion of the bar associated with 50's Prime Time. It's called the Tune In Lounge. That's a super fun place to eat with the whole 50's Prime Time menu and chatty bartenders.

mechanic
03-11-2016, 07:51 PM
I've never really considered eating alone to be different than eating with a group. If the food and atmosphere match what I'm in the mood for then I'm happy .
I'm not a fan of character meals, except CRT, but I have been to California grill, tonys, and be our guest alone and enjoyed them all. I don't drink, so I rarely sit at a bar, unless the wait is long for a table.

joanna71985
03-12-2016, 06:37 PM
Hoop Dee Doo Revue. I eat there solo all the time (and love it!)

Simba's Mom
03-17-2016, 10:46 PM
I eat solo a lot (DH is addicted to golf). At lunchtime I love Rose and Crown on the porch, where I can see the boats going across the lagoon. Two others I like are Chefs de France (get a window seat) and Coral Reef by the tank. I've found that when I check in, if I tell the CM nicely that since I'm solo and won't have anyone to talk to, I'd really like a seat with a "view" if possible, I've gotten some great seats that way. Surprisingly, I've found character meals to be good choices also. Just sitting back and watching the characters interacting with the families, especially the children, is so much fun-makes me miss my granddaughters. though!

LandFan
03-25-2016, 02:12 PM
I would do Yak & Yeti's bar solo - for the dim sum, a drink and a piece of mango pie for dessert!
(we do it as a couple all of the time rather than a table)