PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge Refurbishment

Jeff T
02-29-2016, 08:50 AM
The Wilderness Lodge is currently undergoing a large-scale refurbishment project which runs through 2017. Has anyone stayed at the lodge within the past month and can comment on the actual work being done inside and outside the resort?

I'm planning a vacation to Disney in July, and we would like to stay at the Wilderness Lodge. I want to make sure there are no planned closures or construction which affects the main pool, resort dining, main lobby and boat/bus transportation.

Any reports would be appreciated.

Thank you,

BrerGnat
02-29-2016, 11:44 AM
The Wilderness Lodge is currently undergoing a large-scale refurbishment project which runs through 2017. Has anyone stayed at the lodge within the past month and can comment on the actual work being done inside and outside the resort?

I'm planning a vacation to Disney in July, and we would like to stay at the Wilderness Lodge. I want to make sure there are no planned closures or construction which affects the main pool, resort dining, main lobby and boat/bus transportation.

Any reports would be appreciated.

Thank you,

In July the only work that may affect the main pool is the closure of the villas pool, so the main pool may be more crowded as a result. In addition, the beach, playground, and I believe the pool bar will also be closed. There will be work going on behind the lodge on the north side (closest to MK) so you may want to book a room and request the other wing of the lodge (South wing) to minimize noise, although you then may be over the villas pool construction zone. It's probably likely that you will be impacted in some way by all the construction going on, but the main pool, dining, and boat transportation should not be directly affected.

VWL Mom
02-29-2016, 03:36 PM
There will be work going on behind the lodge on the north side (closest to MK) so you may want to book a room and request the other wing of the lodge (South wing) to minimize noise, although you then may be over the villas pool construction zone. It's probably likely that you will be impacted in some way by all the construction going on, but the main pool, dining, and boat transportation should not be directly affected.
It's being reported that the South Wing is closed and is being converted to DVC. Not sure if it's the total wing or just those rooms actually facing the villas.

BrerGnat
02-29-2016, 05:35 PM
It's being reported that the South Wing is closed and is being converted to DVC. Not sure if it's the total wing or just those rooms actually facing the villas.

Wow, really? That is a shame. The hotel is already pretty small as is. I'm getting tired of the DVC encroaching on existing resorts. Thanks for the info.