PDA

View Full Version : Tie dye cheese cake ?

tigz9299
02-26-2016, 09:36 AM
Hello, was just wondering....I heard that the tie-dyed cheesecake at Pop has been changed..staying there for 3 nights in April for my 60th birthday,and was looking forward to it..I actually bought an entire cheesecake to take home at one of my visits..thanks for replying!!
:mickey:

BrerGnat
02-26-2016, 10:28 AM
They have a version of it in a cup. Not the same at all.

Jeff
02-26-2016, 10:36 AM
Just 3 days back home from a Pop stay. Cheese cake is about 3 inches in diameter, a bit over 1inch thick by the looks of it. I did not try it!

cer
02-26-2016, 02:21 PM
Yeah, they got rid of the "good cheese cake" a while back.

Disappointing for sure.

mechanic
02-26-2016, 04:12 PM
They have a version of it in a cup. Not the same at all.

Used to be good cheesecake, and retro cool. Now it's just a colorful swirl in a Prepackaged cup. Doesn't even taste like cheesecake.
Many much better snack/dessert choices.

BrerGnat
02-26-2016, 04:20 PM
It tastes like that no-bake cheesecake stuff. More like a mousse. With the tang of artificial coloring. The plain cheesecake at Pop is still true cheesecake, and it's pretty good!

JerseyDad
03-03-2016, 08:38 PM
It tastes like that no-bake cheesecake stuff. More like a mousse. With the tang of artificial coloring. The plain cheesecake at Pop is still true cheesecake, and it's pretty good!

......seems you were braver than I was when it came to trying the "tie-dyed-stuff-in-a-cup-stuff". As a POP devotee ....the "legendary" Tie-Dyed Cheesecake (the one that came in a decent sized wedge and wasn't over 50% sponge cake on the bottom) was a must after all meals in the dining room.

.....last time there ...I was surprised to see the "in a cup" stuff ...and I guess ...wouldn't even try it out of a 'fear' that it wouldn't compare favorably to the "original".

.....just like when the original Coca-Cola was morphed into "New Coke" ...they should have never messed with such an iconic food choice that's linked to the POP resort.