PDA

View Full Version : Tips for staying dry on water rides

Natalie's Dad
02-21-2016, 07:42 PM
Anyone have any good tips for staying dry (or at least not getting soaked) on Kali River Rapids and Splash Mountain.
Thanks in advance

SBETigg
02-21-2016, 08:30 PM
You can't guarantee staying dry on either ride, but you can minimize the wetness. On Splash Mountain, a good poncho (with the hood up) can mostly keep you dry but part of the problem here is a wet seat. You will need to make sure that your seat is covered as well as your front. It might take some plastic, like a bag, to sit on as well as a poncho to cover most of your exposed upper clothing. The same technique would apply to Kali, except if you're in the wrong spot (and the ride turns so you can't guarantee what spot that is) you are going to get wet even inside your poncho. On Kali River Rapids, your only true way to avoid getting wet is to stay off the ride.

Speedy1998
02-22-2016, 12:39 PM
Normally asking for the back row on Splash helps, but not always. It depends on how the mass is distributed in the boat. Too much weight in the front tends to soak everyone, too much weight in the back tends to get the people in the back wet, and the people in the front stay dry. On one of my trips while waiting for the 3 o'clock parade I watched the boats coming down to pass the time. I was really amazed at how much the trim of the boat effected the splash.

As for Kali all I can say is good luck, there is no way to predict who will be in the unlucky seats that get soaked. Essentially, you have about a 25% chance of getting soaked, and about a 75% chance of getting very wet. From experience lift up your feet on the final drop to keep your shoes somewhat dry.

sacandjac
02-22-2016, 12:43 PM
I always buy cheap ponchos from dollar store. They are small/lightweight and you can pack in a bag/purse. I use for Splash and Kali- then throw away the cheap poncho so I don't have to carry. They will keep you pretty dry, maybe not completely, but def mostly dry if you wear hood and make sure you sit on it when you sit down.