PDA

View Full Version : FP+ for nighttime firework shows

mamacon67
02-21-2016, 05:15 PM
Have not been back to the World since the new FP+ was introduced. The concept of making a FP for the nighttime fireworks shows (Wishes, Illumination, Fantasmic) and parades confuses me. Is it really necessary? I keep thinking that it makes more sense to get three attractions on FP earlier in the day, and then being able to replenish as the day goes on. If I use one of my 3 FP for the night productions, it leaves no room for getting more FP's. Someone enlighten me please, what is the advantage of a FP for those productions?

Strmchsr
02-21-2016, 06:47 PM
The only advantage is you get a preferred viewing spot instead of having to claim a spot way in advance. Personally I wouldn't ever waste a FP on fireworks as I would prefer to use them during the day for shows and rides but for some folks it's totally worth it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-21-2016, 07:34 PM
I've never used a FP+ for a nighttime show. We've been able to get a regular decent spot without it.

We use them during the day, when lines are biggest. I do think that the ability to get the "extra" ones during the day is over-rated, we've found that the only ones are available are attractions that have fairly short lines anyways. So, you may not be missing as much as you think not being able to get extra FP+'s after the first three.

AndrewJackson
02-21-2016, 07:48 PM
We are using an FP+ for Wishes for the first time. Since Epcot, and HS are so limited in terms of rides, we are spending several days at MK this year, so we are using an FP+ for Wishes.

mamacon67
02-21-2016, 08:05 PM
We are using an FP+ for Wishes for the first time. Since Epcot, and HS are so limited in terms of rides, we are spending several days at MK this year, so we are using an FP+ for Wishes.

How does FP benefit you with Wishes?

mamacon67
02-21-2016, 08:06 PM
I've never used a FP+ for a nighttime show. We've been able to get a regular decent spot without it.

We use them during the day, when lines are biggest. I do think that the ability to get the "extra" ones during the day is over-rated, we've found that the only ones are available are attractions that have fairly short lines anyways. So, you may not be missing as much as you think not being able to get extra FP+'s after the first three.

I realize that what I can get after I use my first three is probably limited, which is why I would be concerned about giving up on for a fireworks/parade experience.

DisneyGiant
02-22-2016, 02:37 PM
I used it last year - it was our last day at the parks & I had already done everything else - figured what the heck.

It does give you a front view of the castle.

Keep in mind - there is no seating - they made everyone stand up. Its on the new grassy hub areas. It wasn't like a pack of canned sardines like the rest of Main Street & other areas in front of the castle can be.

It was actually much better for the Electric Parade - that was right in front of the train station - not a lot of people used it - so I had a front curb view to video without a ton of people in my way.

If you have limited time in the park - I wouldn't recommend it.