PDA

View Full Version : DVC MK Bash

VWL Mom
02-21-2016, 09:48 AM
Just wondering if anyone is going to the Feb 25th party? Looking forward to the feedback.

Ed
02-22-2016, 11:49 AM
Yep, we are going. :mickey:

VWL Mom
02-24-2016, 07:48 PM
Please let us know how it was, so wish we could be there.

Ed
02-25-2016, 10:29 AM
Please let us know how it was, so wish we could be there.

Absolutely will !:thumbsup:

Ed
02-26-2016, 04:48 PM
RECAP: We arrived about 7:30. The event didn't start until 9:30, but members were allowed in any time after 7. Bonus: No charge for parking! We checked in at the TTC and received our wristbands. Hop aboard Monorail Orange for the quick trip to the MK. Special entry points were used since we didn’t have Magic Bands. We made a beeline to Casey’s for tasty hot dogs during the 8pm Wishes fireworks, then headed off to Tomorrowland. I should mention that the evening was cold, by Florida standards - - upper 40’s. We blasted lots of Zurgs, downed a few complimentary cookies, and then boarded our rocket for a quick trip through Space Mountain. I’m sure we, with our bad knees and legs, were quite a sight getting in and out of the “rockets”. Then to make matters worse, the very long “moving walkway” on the exit wasn’t moving at all. Tons of fun navigating that with one of us using a walker and the other a cane. After catching our breath, we discovered that they were giving away Mickey Bars and ice cream sandwiches! When was the last time you got a FREE Mickey Bar ? Continuing on, we headed for the relatively-new Mine Train ride. We had done that only once before and had bypassed the normal queue. This time we did the whole thing. About a half-hour’s worth. And we again entertained the crowd boarding the ride car. Exiting proved just as interesting. By now it was approaching 11pm and the mercury was still dropping. We made our way to the front of the castle, which required a lengthy detour due to preparations for the fireworks, intending to wait there for the 11:30 pyrotechnics. But by this time, Mother Nature was wreaking havoc on our sore joints, so we called it a night and headed for the exit, with a slight detour through The Emporium. We boarded the Express monorail, which failed to live up to its name. We sat at a dead stop by the Polynesian for about ten minutes due to another monorail switching tracks. So by the time we got to the TTC, the fireworks had started, so we got to see most of them after all. All in all, an enjoyable evening in spite of our limitations and Mother Nature.

Pictures did not turn out; apparently my lens was dirty. :(

VWL Mom
02-28-2016, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the report Ed! Hopefully they will get a lot of good feedback and continue these type of events. (and hopefully I'll be down there for one)

Fangorn
02-29-2016, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the report Ed! Hopefully they will get a lot of good feedback and continue these type of events. (and hopefully I'll be down there for one)

We'll be there in September and plan on going to the last of the Animal Kingdom events on the 27th. Looking forward to it.

Steve

Ed
02-29-2016, 11:17 AM
We will also be going to the Animal Kingdom event on September 13th. Hopefully it will be a little warmer by then. :freeze: