PDA

View Full Version : People Mover at end of Space Mountain

chefmickey3
02-20-2016, 06:48 PM
When we were there last July, the moving walkway was not working over the course of two weeks. Has anyone been lately? Is it working?

WiltonJohn
02-20-2016, 07:14 PM
It was working fine at the end of last August.

It is a "traditional" must do for us.

best,

.............john

sigmaqt95
02-20-2016, 09:59 PM
It was not working when we were there 2 weeks ago.

Goofy4TheWorld
02-20-2016, 10:13 PM
Are you talking about the attraction once called The PeopleMover (aka Tomorrowland Transit Authority), which rides through Space Mountain but is a totally separate ride that loads in the middle of Tomorrowland, or are you talking about the long "conveyor belt" walkway that you take after exiting the Space Mountain ride?

If you are talking about the conveyer walkway after exiting Space Mountain, it was not moving in my January or February trips of this year. I found the lack of maintenance on the exit walkway ridiculous and very unDisney.

chefmickey3
02-21-2016, 12:17 PM
I meant the conveyor walkway. If it isn't working, I will be so disappointed. I agree it shows lack of maintenance.

Tinker_Pan
02-21-2016, 04:14 PM
The conveyor belt was working just fine during my December trip. I don't think that it necessary has to do with maintenance. They did shut it down at one point due to an injury and I've noticed that they are less likely to have it working if the crowds are high because it becomes dangerous.

BrerGnat
02-21-2016, 06:14 PM
The belt gets turned off to move people more quickly from time to time. It's not a maintenance issue. It's a "move along people" issue.

John
05-01-2016, 11:09 PM
The belt gets turned off to move people more quickly from time to time. It's not a maintenance issue. It's a "move along people" issue.

I must be missing something, since the time it opened this never was a capacity issue. And it's still off btw as reported by Ian today.

So, if it's being turned off to move people along, that's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while and is ruining what used to be a nice end to Space Mountain.

SBETigg
05-02-2016, 12:03 PM
I must be missing something, since the time it opened this never was a capacity issue. And it's still off btw as reported by Ian today.

So, if it's being turned off to move people along, that's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while and is ruining what used to be a nice end to Space Mountain.

Agreed, John. I've been there during some super busy times and I've never seen this turned off due to crowds. Plus, you can walk through when the walkway is moving and it doesn't seem particular dangerous, any more than automated walkways at airports that you can just ride along or walk down and pass by people who are stationary. If it's down, I would assume it was a maintenance issue, and interesting if it's not because I've never heard of this to be a thing and it doesn't make sense to me, either.

Jack Skellington
05-02-2016, 01:23 PM

Not sure how it could be a capacity issue, the belt only transports the people coming off the ride, even at highest capacity times, only 6 people can off load the ride on each side at once (so 12 people total).

Even at the busiest times, there is only so fast one can off load that ride.

JS:mickey:

Ian
05-04-2016, 08:22 AM
Yeah I'm not buying it was intentionally turned off. I was there for Easter week once and it was running. It's been running continuously for 44 years and now, all of a sudden, it's turned off due to capacity issues?

That's baloney. It's not running because they can't be bothered to properly maintain things anymore.

wjdoc
05-07-2016, 09:42 PM
Rode Space Mountain 3 times this week and the belt wasn't functioning at any of those times. But realistically I could give you a laundry list of maintenance issues this week (monorail breakdowns, IASW features not working, kiddie pool sprinklers operating at 50%, etc.). I can live with it, but I can see how it starts to turn people off.

BrerGnat
05-12-2016, 07:36 PM
So I just saw a video posted by ITM that showed they have added personalized My Magic + enhancements to the "moving walkway" portion of Space Mtn
AND, the walkway was indeed moving. Video was from today.

Ian
05-14-2016, 12:13 PM
So I just saw a video posted by ITM that showed they have added personalized My Magic + enhancements to the "moving walkway" portion of Space Mtn
AND, the walkway was indeed moving. Video was from today.I supposed it's theoretically possible then that the belt wasn't moving so maintenance could be underneath it doing installs.

That makes me feel a bit better. I like the personalization stuff!