PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on Port Orleans Riverside-Alligator Bayou vs Magnolia Bend Mansions

Genie1953
02-15-2016, 12:59 AM
Can anyone give me your thoughts on Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou versus Magnolia Bend Mansions versus the Royal Rooms.....benefits, likes, dislikes, disadvantages for each type of room? We know we want to stay at Port Orleans Riverside but still need to decide which area we are going to request.

marlyn
02-15-2016, 02:20 AM
I'm staying there in July and I wanted a preferred room so am going to be in Aligator Bayou as that is only area with preffered rooms. There are no elevators in Aligator Bayou but the buildings are only 2 stories. If stairs are a concern then you may want to consider that.
Aligator Bayou is also the only area that can accommodate 5 because of the Murphy bed (which is only big enough for a child)
I prefer the theming in the Bayou area vs the mansions...but I don't have girls. I would imagine a girl would love the Royal Rooms! I like the look of the bayou area. It's rustic and has a lot of greenery.

titleistboy
02-15-2016, 10:15 AM
I'd recommend either the preferred rooms or the Royal Suites...location, location, location!

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-15-2016, 12:18 PM
We've stayed in the preferred AB rooms and in a royal room. I loved the AB room, and only liked the Royal room. I think for me it was the lush theming of the AB section, I loved looking out of the room and seeing nothing but lush landscaping. I also enjoyed the quiet pools more (better shade for the pool and sitting).

The preferred rooms are so close to the main building and pool, even closer than the Royal rooms/Mansions. The Royal rooms were beautiful, and I liked that there aren't any connecting rooms, so they are a bit quieter, but there is also no ceiling fan, so the room was a but stuffier in hot weather. But, what really swayed was the quiet pool, just a sunny square cement box. I much preferred the AB quiet pools.

#1donaldfan
02-15-2016, 01:48 PM
We have stayed in may rooms in the AB section, to include the preferred ones and have also stayed in the Royal rooms on the Mansion side. For me and convenience I like the AB section better. It's just closer and seems more relaxed than the Mansion side.

brownie
02-15-2016, 07:44 PM
Alligator Bayou for us. It has a more laid back feel to it.

BrerGnat
02-15-2016, 08:38 PM
I don't really have a preference. I like both the mansions and bayou. I will say, every time I stay in the bayou, I get so turned around and lost due to all the trees and winding pathways. I am directionally challenged, though. :)

Scallywag
02-18-2016, 03:26 PM
AB for us as well. It can be a long hot walk to the food court from the mansions.

waymickey
02-24-2016, 12:20 PM
I stayed in the Royal room over Christmas and it was nice but not quiet at all. It wasn't too far from the pool or the dinning. I did not like being the last stop on the bus and I found the buses to be a long wait overall.

Genie1953
02-24-2016, 02:23 PM
We went back and forth and finally decided being closer to the main building was most important to us so we decided to go with Alligator Bayou Preferred Location room with additional request of King room on upper level. Now on to planning ADRs and. fast passes!!

biggun35
02-25-2016, 05:12 PM
We will be staying at POR on the AB side in Novemeber, are the paths marked to different buildings?

Genie1953
02-25-2016, 05:20 PM
I believe they are. At least I think that is what I remember anyway. We have never stayed in that section but we have walked through there a number of times but that is back in 2010.

brownie
02-25-2016, 08:18 PM
There are signs along the paths for the different buildings.

Gator
03-07-2016, 02:51 PM
My two cents. Go with the Mansions!!!!! For me, WDW is a lot about the views and the scenery. And the AB is hideous! We got talked into staying in this section for our Honeymoon back in 2002. We were so mad as we saw all these graceful mansions and we end up in a building that looks like an apartment complex or a Grapes of Wrath labor camp. We never returned to POR for fear that we'd get stuck in the AB.

And now, it's one of the few Mod places that can house 5 people, so we may be stuck going back to it one day. I hate that fact. Go with the mansions...you won't be disappointed.

cer
03-08-2016, 10:52 AM
As you can see, it truly is a matter of opinion.

My opinion is I much prefer the AB section with the lush landscaping and comfortable theming - and it is very well themed.

nutsnbolts
03-11-2016, 09:41 AM
I agree the AB side was pretty with regards to having the feel of the bayou. If you want the mansion feel the yes go there. I honestly can't say you go wrong in any of the place. I would be more concerned about how close to dining and bus stations are in respect to what building they put you into.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Genie1953
03-11-2016, 01:40 PM
Nutsnbolts you are so right and that is exactly what we decided. Being close to the main building and bus stops was most important to us so we decided on alligator bayou preferred location.

cer
03-11-2016, 02:14 PM
Nutsnbolts you are so right and that is exactly what we decided. Being close to the main building and bus stops was most important to us so we decided on alligator bayou preferred location.

We have stayed in those rooms before, you will not be disappointed - it is so convenient!