PDA

View Full Version : Question about checking in

ransam
02-14-2016, 02:13 PM
I hope this is the right forum and I hope i can expain this so it makes sense.
As of now, the plan is to have our vacation from May 1-6.
The price for flying from Kansas City is significantly lower if we leave at 10pm (May 1), and arrive in Orlando at 12:45am (May 2nd technically).
First of all will Magical Express pick up that late (i know the luggage won't be there untll next day).
Second of all and this is where my question really is.
if we get to the resort after midnight, will our vacation start on May 2nd allowing us to extend it one more day to the 7th and having all day on the 2nd to have fun? If a room is available will they allow us to have it or wait until 3pm check in on the 2nd?
Does this make sense?

Strmchsr
02-14-2016, 04:27 PM
Yes, Magical Express will pick up that late. No worries there. And you're correct on the luggage. They stop, I think, at 10 pm.

As for your resort stay, the new day doesn't start until 7 am. So, even if you arrive at 1 am and get in your room on May 2 that still counts as the night of May 1. What you might consider doing is staying at a hotel right at the airport then catching Magical Express early on the morning of the 2nd or taking a towncar over to your resort early on the 2nd. The other option is literally to wait in the lobby of your resort until 7 am on May 2 and check in at that point. If a room is available at 7 am they'll certainly let you check in right then. And you can request an available room if location isn't important to you. Generally there's something available.

Polynesian Dweller
02-14-2016, 07:00 PM
Strmchsr's exactly right. We hotelier's sell nights not days. So, booking for May 1st gives you the night of May 1st from checkin to May 2nd checkout. So checking in a 12:45am May 2nd is still the night booked for May 1st.

I wouldn't try staying in the hotel lobby as it will be boring and tiring to the point of being exhausting. Not a great start to the vacation. Personally, getting to the resort, getting my room and getting a night's sleep would be the easiest thing to do.

VAdizneefan
02-14-2016, 09:56 PM
If you arrive that late in the evening, you need to pickup your own luggage at baggage claim.

"If you arrive at Orlando International Airport after 10:00 PM, you must collect your luggage at Baggage Claim and bring it with you on the Disney’s Magical Express motorcoach."

ransam
02-15-2016, 02:10 PM
Yes, Magical Express will pick up that late. No worries there. And you're correct on the luggage. They stop, I think, at 10 pm.

As for your resort stay, the new day doesn't start until 7 am. So, even if you arrive at 1 am and get in your room on May 2 that still counts as the night of May 1. What you might consider doing is staying at a hotel right at the airport then catching Magical Express early on the morning of the 2nd or taking a towncar over to your resort early on the 2nd. The other option is literally to wait in the lobby of your resort until 7 am on May 2 and check in at that point. If a room is available at 7 am they'll certainly let you check in right then. And you can request an available room if location isn't important to you. Generally there's something available.

Ok. Thank you. Follow up question.
If I get in on the 2nd at 12:30am, crash in the airport or hotel and want to take magical express 7am that morning, How do we arrange the ME to do this? Usually I give the travel agent the flight time and we go directly to ME. Can she arrange a later pick up time? Thanks

Strmchsr
02-15-2016, 04:07 PM
I don't know exactly how to do that (hopefully someone will come along who does know) but I do know it can be done. I would say ask your agent or call DME to work out the details.

NewDVCowner
02-15-2016, 04:30 PM
Ok. Thank you. Follow up question.
If I get in on the 2nd at 12:30am, crash in the airport or hotel and want to take magical express 7am that morning, How do we arrange the ME to do this? Usually I give the travel agent the flight time and we go directly to ME. Can she arrange a later pick up time? Thanks

When we go to Disney we fly out, usually arriving around 11:00 at night, stay at an airport hotel (using their shuttle), then take the shuttle back to the airport the next morning. You just need to go to the Magical Express area, they'll scan your magic band and put you right onto the bus. We've only needed to wait a minimal amount of time before the bus left for the hotel. When I've called to schedule it they've just told me to arrive and you'll be good to go - just don't put the luggage tags on your luggage. Pick it up at the airport, bring it with you to the airport hotel, and then bring it with you to Magical Express. They will not deliver it to your room, but they will load it into the bottom of the bus. If your room isn't ready then you can stash it at luggage services at the hotel and pick it up when your room is ready.

BrerGnat
02-15-2016, 04:54 PM
You can ride the Magical Express bus to your resort at any time. The only actual scheduled time is the return trip to MCO. That one is dependent on your flight's departure time.

I can highly recommend the Hyatt MCO. Great hotel right inside the airport.