PDA

View Full Version : Be considerate

nicholsbears
02-05-2016, 09:12 AM
:bar::bar::bar:
My wife and I (senior citizens) saved up for 5 years to take our "once in a lifetime" (from NY) trip to The Most Magical Place on Earth. We went all out: stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, took one of the tours, purchased the Photo Pass. We were even going to buy some of the "ride photos." Unfortunately on Splash Mtn., Big Thunder Mtn., and Tower of Terror the "cool" people in front of us threw their arms up in the air and completely obliterated our faces...you couldn't even tell it was us. They ruined it for us.
This, of course brings us back to the age old question of "do you own the space above you." We stood for an hour to watch shows, parades and the fireworks only to have someone hoist their child up on their shoulders in front of us, blocking the view of dozens of people.
Please people, there are other guests besides you ! Hold your child in front of you...not on your shoulders. BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS. Everyone pays the same to be there; everyone deserves the same consideration.
Another thing that Cast Members need to address is when people spread out 3 blankets and 3 strollers along the curb 1 1/2 hours before a parade and then just abandon them to go explore; coming back 10 minutes before the parade starts. I can almost tolerate this if one person stays behind...but that usually doesn't happen.
Whatever happened to common courtesy?
:goofy:

John
02-05-2016, 10:50 AM
I totally get the parade thing - it drives most of us nuts as well. We've talked about it a number of times on our podcast.

As far as the rides go - unfortunately I have to disagree. Those are just folks having a good time and some of the thrill of thrill rides is to do just that for many people. What I'd advise is that if you want a picture on a ride - just ask to be in the front car/front row so you aren't obscured. Of course, that isn't going to help you now :(

I can understand how you'd be disappointed though...

nicholsbears
02-05-2016, 11:14 AM
So it's true, common courtesy is a thing of the past.

BrowncatP
02-05-2016, 05:40 PM
What about the people that talk the whole time on a ride due to them being on the ride before. There are many who are on the ride for the first time and want to **** it all in. I had to tell three people to be quiet in the library portion of TOT once so that everyone else could hear.

Genie1953
02-05-2016, 10:14 PM
This, of course brings us back to the age old question of "do you own the space above you." We stood for an hour to watch shows, parades and the fireworks only to have someone hoist their child up on their shoulders in front of us, blocking the view of dozens of people.
Please people, there are other guests besides you ! Hold your child in front of you...not on your shoulders. BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS. Everyone pays the same to be there; everyone deserves the same consideration.

I was actually just thinking about this very thing just last night while planning our retirement celebration trip to Disneyworld this November. We have had this happen numerous times to us also.....last time was at Disneyland...and we were SOOOO disappointed. I can see why they want their children to be able to see but why does it have to be up on their shoulders.....like you said....hold them up in front of you. Unfortunately I don't think there is a solution. Those people are usually standing in the middle and shoulder to shoulder in a sea of people and cast members couldn't reach them even if they wanted to. Anyway....I feel your pain. Now all that said...we did have one guy who actually did lower his child so I could also see but that was the only exception. They usually just plain do not care. Wish there was a full proof solution though.

nicholsbears
02-06-2016, 10:43 AM
We were in line for Screamin' (Disneyland) and seven people barged past us and everyone else to go nearly to the front of the line because "our family is up there waiting for us." It turns out one person was in line. The man behind us tried to stop them but his wife intervened (as did mine). I was later told by a Cast Member that this is considered "disruptive behavior " and grounds for eviction. With my luck, I would be the one thrown out.

Crow
02-07-2016, 08:49 PM
sorry they ruined it for you...ive been in place for fireworks and had people go in front..

kakn7294
02-09-2016, 09:45 AM
On our trip to WDW last year, there was a young woman in front of us for the afternoon parade. She had an umbrella up to shield from the sun. I tolerated watching the parade with the umbrella up - no complaints as she had been there first. I did ask politely if she would mind lowering the umbrella for us to get a few shots of the Maleficent float - she not only obliged but she apologized profusely, not realizing that she was blocking anyone's view. Sometimes, it's simply a matter of not realizing that you are intruding on someone else's enjoyment.

1DisneyNut
02-09-2016, 12:21 PM
We were at Fantasmic one time several years ago when people were carrying their iPads with them everywhere and using them as camcorders. The lights dimmed, the show started and some lady down about 4 rows in front of us held her iPad up high and started recording. Of course, the screen was blinding all of us behind her because it was on and full bright and she was watching it record. A couple of people shouted at her to put it down but she just ignored them and looked over at her husband and said something but kept recording. About a minute later, a drink cup came flying down from behind us, hit the iPad and knocked it out of her hands and drink went all over her. Everyone started laughing and cheering. I never saw a CM come and talk to anybody so I guess they either didn't see it or let it slide. lol She didn't put the iPad back up after that and I didn't see it lit up either, it may have killed it.