PDA

View Full Version : Favorite meal/food

j2k
02-03-2016, 09:01 PM
What is your favorite meal/food at WDW?

At our last visit in 2012, we ate Flametree BBQ, Columbia Harbor House, Casey's Corner, Akershus Breakfast, Cosmic Ray's and Pepper Market.

I think my favorite of those was the chicken at Flametree.

Genie1953
02-03-2016, 09:38 PM
Our favorites table service meals are Ohana dinner, Crystal Palace breakfast, Garden Grill dinner, and Liberty Tree Tavern dinner. Our favorite counter service meals are Flame Tree Barbecue and Columbia Harbour House.

j2k
02-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Our favorites table service meals are Ohana dinner, Crystal Palace breakfast, Garden Grill dinner, and Liberty Tree Tavern dinner. Our favorite counter service meals are Flame Tree Barbecue and Columbia Harbour House.

What specifically do you like at these places? I'm asking because when I look at the menus at WDW restaurants I don't think there's much that sounds good to me.

Genie1953
02-03-2016, 10:15 PM
What specifically do you like at these places? I'm asking because when I look at the menus at WDW restaurants I don't think there's much that sounds good to me.

We love everything they serve at the table service restaurants...can't think of anything we didn't like but it's been 6 years since we're there last and I think the menu has changed. Will have to see how it is when we go back this November. I did forget about Whispering Canyon Cafe. In addition to wonderful food it was absolutely the most fun place to eat. At Columbia I like the shrimp and my husband loves the fish. We like both the chicken and ribs at Flame Tree but if we could only choose one we would choose the ribs. We always get the Disney dining plan and our stays tend to be 10-11 days...next trip is 12 days so we do get to try a lot of their food. We have found that we do have favorites though and it's getting tougher to give up a favorite to try a new place.

j2k
02-03-2016, 11:07 PM
We love everything they serve at the table service restaurants...can't think of anything we didn't like but it's been 6 years since we're there last and I think the menu has changed.

I've read about menu changes and most of what I've seen is that the quality has declined. :(

DebK
02-04-2016, 08:08 AM
My favorite meal at Disney World is at Narcoossee's. I always get the surf and turf with the almond crusted cheesecake for dessert.

j2k
02-04-2016, 10:50 AM
My favorite meal at Disney World is at Narcoossee's. I always get the surf and turf with the almond crusted cheesecake for dessert.

Almond Cheesecake does sound delicious. Yum!

deedee73
02-04-2016, 10:53 AM
We love several restaurants - I really enjoy the cool serenity ay the Coral Reef restaurant provided by the aquarium. I love the Jack Daniel's chocolate mousse dessert here.

I love the shrimp at 'Ohana. I am not sure if the recipe is still the same as I have noticed the menu has been altered a few times but the dish has remained. I am hoping it's the same since my mom & I could eat tons of them.

Narcoossee's never disappoints bw the atmosphere, service, food, & ability to enjoy Wishes & the Electrical Water Pageant from the deck. Generally we order the surf & turf here. It has always been cooked perfectly for our tastes. However several dishes catch my eye.

j2k
02-04-2016, 11:52 AM
I really enjoy the cool serenity ay the Coral Reef restaurant provided by the aquarium. I love the Jack Daniel's chocolate mousse dessert here.

I have Coral Reef on my list of restaurants to look into. My kids would enjoy the aquarium. This is in Epcot, right?

deedee73
02-04-2016, 11:55 AM
Yeah. In the bottom of the living seas pavilion (actually if looking at front of building, it is around the far right side). They are open lunch & dinner.

deedee73
02-04-2016, 11:58 AM
I have Coral Reef on my list of restaurants to look into. My kids would enjoy the aquarium. This is in Epcot, right?
We actually give ourselves a little extra time to get through this meal bc we are aways so engrossed with the aquarium. You may also want t give yourself a little extra time t want for a table closer to the aquarium.

#1donaldfan
02-04-2016, 03:39 PM
My favorite TS meal is Trails End ... Dinner / Coming in second is the Plaza
My favorite TS meal is Boma .... Breakfast / Coming in second is Tusker House
My favorite CS meal is Yorkshire Fish Shoppe / Coming in second is Pizza Planet

Scallywag
02-04-2016, 06:03 PM
TS-Pot Roast @ 50's Prime time.
CS - Fish @ Columbia Harbor House
Dessert - O'Hana Bread Pudding

faline
02-04-2016, 06:28 PM
Lobster ravioli and bison at California Grill.
Fish & chips at Rose and Crown
Meatball sliders at Tutto Gusto

SBETigg
02-04-2016, 08:54 PM
I had an exquisite meal at California Grill. Everything was perfectly prepared and the service was outstanding. Started with a butter poached Maine lobster tail salad, followed by medium rare Ostrich( I don't even remember what accompanied it, but it was so good), and then a molten Valrhona chocolate cake served with strawberry gelato. The menu varies at California Grill, and it's not always as good as it was that night. Sometimes everything aligns. One of my consistent favorites is Narcoossee's though, and the almond cheesecake with cherries is one of my favorites, too.

j2k
02-04-2016, 11:11 PM
We actually give ourselves a little extra time to get through this meal bc we are aways so engrossed with the aquarium. You may also want t give yourself a little extra time t want for a table closer to the aquarium.

Great!! Thanks!!

snowflakegirl
02-06-2016, 01:07 PM
Our favorite TS have been Boma and Restaurant Marrakesh. This past trip we discovered a love of Biergarten and Sanaa. We also had dinner at Coral Reef, pretty much just because we thought our two year old would really enjoy the novelty of the wall of aquarium....turned out to be one of my favorite meals of the trip (I still have cravings for the sweet pea risotto and lemon espuma that came with my very delicious salmon).
Favorite CS include Cosmic Rays (for the nostalgia of childhood trips with Sonny Eclipse more than anything), Sunshine Seasons, and Columbia Harbor House.

mandaep
02-07-2016, 08:27 PM
We have always loved Columbia Harbor House but our daughter has raging fish allergy now and I guess we won't be going back. But before then, we finally had the seasonal peach cobbler during fall time in 2014 and ohhhh it was our favorite desert we have had there in a LONG time.