PDA

View Full Version : POFQ. can't make up my mind

mandaep
02-01-2016, 07:33 AM
So I have switched our reservation again and we are staying at Port Orleans French quarter pool view instead of Riverside. We loved this resort last time in 2009. I know there are a bit of renovations to be done but can anyone give me any thoughts on the room that has visited recently? Thanks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-01-2016, 08:35 AM
French Quarter pool view is my favourite place to stay in all of Disney (well, of all of the places we have stayed so far).

There were renovations in 2011, but not dramatic changes to the rooms, except for the addition of queen beds instead of the old doubles. The rest of the décor was cleaned-up, but looks quite the same. The biggest advantage of pool view (as you know) is that you're right in the centre of POFQ, close to everything. We've enjoyed our POR stays, but would choose FQ pool over POR any day!

sorcerer fan
02-01-2016, 10:16 AM
best thing is the quietness of the resort and
anywhere you stay is close to what you need , food, busses and information and store. its a nice ride to Disney springs by boat and you don't normally share busses with any other resort and if you do its first on and first off. Its the smallest resort on property and seldom has free dining included and or deals. Its almost always full but not ever crowded. best resort on property bar none!

#1donaldfan
02-01-2016, 01:10 PM
The FQ is our favorite resort of any we've stayed. I love the quiet, relaxed feel it has and it offers one of the best food courts of any property. The only big change was the size of the beds, that I can remember. I think the comforters were changed since then too, to the all white ones .... the running trail around the Riversides is the best feature for us ..... enjoy !!

Susan A
02-01-2016, 01:56 PM
There is a large area of the pool area under construction. A splash zone/ play area is being added (behind the dragon slide).

We were at the pool two days ago. I said to my daughter, I wouldn't want a pool view from that building. She said, but you would be able to see what they are doing. Lol
I don't remember that building #. If you exit the lobby and walk to the pool, it's on the right.

Susan A
02-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Oh, rooms are great!!!! Queen beds and the comforters, with a white sheet on either side, have been updated.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-01-2016, 06:48 PM
There is a large area of the pool area under construction. A splash zone/ play area is being added (behind the dragon slide).

We were at the pool two days ago. I said to my daughter, I wouldn't want a pool view from that building. She said, but you would be able to see what they are doing. Lol
I don't remember that building #. If you exit the lobby and walk to the pool, it's on the right.

Yes, they are building a new water feature in place of the kiddie pool. The work is expected to be done in late February ... last I heard anyways (it seems to be going a lot slower than expected).

Susan A
02-02-2016, 11:57 AM
I asked the life guard about the construction. He made it sound as though they are pressed to finish on time.

On the up side, what we saw looks pretty neat! Lots of tall structures.

mandaep
02-02-2016, 12:49 PM
Oof, does that mean that there is not going to be a kiddie pool?? what about the one that is closer to the lobby area???

goofy78
02-19-2016, 12:55 AM
I have always heard great things about the POFQ resort and we are actually staying there in April as well for our first time. It is our son's birthday then too! We are DVC members but don't have points for the upcoming trip and we are happy to find an available slot there as it has been booked up. Looking forward to the pool and hope it is done as well as some of the other resorts.

BrerGnat
02-19-2016, 12:31 PM
Oof, does that mean that there is not going to be a kiddie pool?? what about the one that is closer to the lobby area???

Probably not. They are replacing kiddie pools resort wide with interactive water playgrounds (which IMO are WAY more interesting.) They have slides, squirters, and dump buckets. I think this is mostly a sanitary issue. These types of kiddie play areas use recycled treated water so "accidents" don't shut them down for hours on end. Much easier to maintain.