PDA

View Full Version : Disney Studios in August

Anthony007
01-31-2016, 08:36 AM
I'm trying to plan our trip for August 2016. I'm trying to decide between a day at DHS or A second day at Epcot.

Currently I have 3 days at MK, 1 AK, 1 EPcot.

It will be myself, wife, and 5yo and 2 yo boys.

We are not doing park hopper.

My 5 yo loves Fantasmic, but I'm not sure TSM, Indianna Jones, Star Tours, LM, MV, and Playhouse is enough for a full day. He will also be disappointed that LMA is gone. Anyone have thoughts on this?

BrerGnat
01-31-2016, 10:12 AM
I would add another Epcot day. It was my kids favorite park when they were 5 and 4 and is still their favorite 7 years later. DHS, we hardly ever even visit anymore. Kids don't like it at all, orher than Star Tours and Toy Story.

Anthony007
01-31-2016, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the reply. They have really gutted DHS, hopefully in a few yrs it is worth it.

The nice part of an extra day at Epcot is an an extra day of nice dining for the adults, and it means we can use a level 1 FP+ for test track one day, and then Soarin the next day......not sure how Frozen will play into it, but with the silly fastpass tiers, two days at Epcot seem better than one at DHS.

Just have to somehow break it to my 5 yo that he won't see mickey fight the dragon :(

Goofy4TheWorld
01-31-2016, 12:46 PM
I think it depends on what would fill your day (and your kid's day) at Epcot if you stayed a second day there instead of DHS? Epcot can be very time-consuming and take days to conquer, or it can be a "is that it" park just as much, if not worse, than DHS. It depends on the family.

So what would you do at Epcot on day 2 other than take advantage of the Soarin' / Test Track FP+ option?

Anthony007
01-31-2016, 03:00 PM
This past yr we did two days at Epcot, and the second day was a bit of a chill day, where we saw fireworks the night before, slept in, and got there when we got there, so we could do that for DHS or Epcot.

DonaldDuck1117
02-01-2016, 02:10 PM
I would vote for DHS. Like you said it is gutted right now, but maybe that is a good thing for the middle of your trip? It's nice to have an "easy" day in there for everyone. You don't have to be there at rope drop, you can sleep in, go easy, and still enjoy everything the park has to offer. Plus, Fantasmic is great.

Whatever you end of doing I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Anthony007
02-01-2016, 06:55 PM
:mickey: