PDA

View Full Version : Is this enough for Magic Kingdom?

nutsnbolts
01-30-2016, 11:54 AM
We will be at Magic Kingdom around February 10/11 with the following FP and plans.

Wednesday 1/10 - MK
Peter Pan - 9:25am - 10:25am
Meet Rapunzal and Cinderalla - 10:30am - 11:30am
Jungle Cruise - 12:05pm - 1:05pm
Pirate and pals 7:25pm

Thursday 1/11 - MK
Breakfast - Cape May 8:00am
Space Mountain - 10:30am -11:30am
Big Thunder - 12:30pm - 1:30pm
Splash Mountain - 1:30pm - 2:30pm
Dinner T-Rex - 10:00pm

The question is whether we really have enough time to see the rest of MK with the current schedule.

I tried putting all our FP in the morning so we would have the rest of the afternoon to do whatever. The Tuesday itinerary seems like we only have 6 hours before we get on the Pirate and Pals cruise and it'll be 9pm by the time we get out. I know I said only 6 hours but you know how time flies by the time we walk around, sit in lines, and realistically speaking I don't know if that day will be a wash?

Or.

Is the current itinerary more than enough time.

I do have 1 more day which is an off day and I was thinking of purchasing 1 more hopper ticket to go back to any of the 4 parks if we want to... otherwise, I'll just save some money and enjoy the rest of what the resorts have to offer on the free day versus going to a park.

Let me know what your thoughts are...

VWL Mom
01-30-2016, 06:59 PM
I have 2 suggestions: 1) move Cape May breakfast to your non park day and 2)move your Peter Pan FP to follow Jungle Cruise. That way you would be able to do rope drop both mornings and will be able to get a ride or two in before your FP times. The afternoons tend to get more crowded and the standby times get a lot longer.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-30-2016, 09:00 PM
I agree! I would book your FP's for the afternoon, since that is when the lines are longest. You'll be able to fit more in stand-by in the morning, and having the FP in the afternoon will help a lot.

chefmickey3
01-30-2016, 10:17 PM
Like pp said, I would try to move Cape May to another day. Travel time will eat into your park time. I don't think I would move Peter Pan because the FP return lane can back up later in the day. Be there at rope drop and enjoy the opening show. If you want to ride the mine train, do that first. Then Peter Pan and any other attractions you want to do in Fantasyland. Visit Haunted Mansion, grabbing lunch at Columbia Harbour House. Do Pirates and then your FP for Jungle Cruise. Check the lines for Big Thunder. On Thursday, start in Tomorrowland and then do anything you haven't done on your way to Frontierland. You may not be able to do the big rides more than once but you should be able to experience the attractions you would like to in the two days time.

nutsnbolts
02-01-2016, 02:26 AM
Great Suggestions, I don't know if I will be able to find a time for cape may another time but I will try. I figured if I have breakfast that morning, the FP will save us when we don't do rope drop but I will try nonetheless.

#1donaldfan
02-01-2016, 01:05 PM
For us we plan our FP's in the evenings and rope drop the park. We typically get every single thing we want done prior to lunch .. noonish ... go back to resort to swim and nap, then hit the park full on again with FP's in tow.

CaptSmee
02-03-2016, 05:47 PM
Good suggestions. FP is not usually necessary for early in the day, lines will be minimal until around 11 or 12

Genie1953
02-03-2016, 10:23 PM
For us we plan our FP's in the evenings and rope drop the park. We typically get every single thing we want done prior to lunch .. noonish ... go back to resort to swim and nap, then hit the park full on again with FP's in tow.

Thats a great idea! We will be there in November for the first time in 6 years so the fast pass scheduling thing is new to us. I will definitely be remembering your tip when I schedule them! Especially since we always allow time to go back to the hotel so rest anyway.