PDA

View Full Version : BLT or AKL?

mickeyman42
01-28-2016, 07:34 PM
Ok so I have a major 1st-world problem, trying to decide between a 1br at BLT or a 2br (dedicated) at AKL Kidani, both standard views. As background we have stayed at AKL (both Jambo and Kidani) 3 times in a studio and 1 night in a 1br, and at Aulani in a studio, so either option is a major upgrade category wise. we have a 10yo and a 14yo (both girls) who have always (but dont really enjoy) sharing a bed. Its hard to pick between the location of BLT and making the kids sleep on pullout sofa/chair vs staying where we always stay but everyone gets an actual bed, and more space! we normally spend equal time at all the parks, maybe more at MK and the Studios than the others, and we always have a car so thats not much of a factor either. decisions decisions! I have always wanted to stay at BLT just to see what its like, and to be so close to MK and Epcot would be an experience.....

So what do you all think? BLT or AKL??

VWL Mom
01-28-2016, 08:13 PM
Since you've already stayed at AKL I would give BLT a try. The ease of walking to MK, resort hopping on the monorail, and Top of the World are the biggest draws for us. As far as the pullouts, they're fine for a 10 and 14 year old. DS24 got sick during our trip 2 weeks ago so I gave him the king and I actually slept on the chair, if these old bones survived it I'm sure the girls will do fine.

j2k
01-28-2016, 10:43 PM
I'd choose BLT since you've never stayed there. 😀

SBETigg
01-29-2016, 03:54 PM
I would go for the space with kids at those ages. You will save yourself stress in the end, and you know you like it there. BLT is nice and a good one to try sometime, but not at the expense of space for your family. Of course, it will only get more necessary to have space as they get older so the counter argument is that now is the time to try it. Tough call! Good luck.

VWL Mom
01-29-2016, 04:18 PM
Just wanted to add, if they're use to studios the 1 bdrm at BLT would also give the girls their own bathroom so I think it's doable.

Carol
01-29-2016, 07:58 PM
Location, location, location. Nothing beats the monorail resorts and the walkway to the Magic Kingdom is an added bonus.