PDA

View Full Version : Anyone eaten at Trattoria al Forno at the Boardwalk

Itchy
01-26-2016, 07:35 PM
We are planning well in advance of our 180 day mark for places to eat on our next trip to WDW.

We have eaten at Tutto Italia quite a few time and is a must do for us each trip. We were thinking about trying Trattoria al Forno to see how it compares.

So if anyone has any input the good, bad, or indifferent it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...:mickey:

VAdizneefan
01-27-2016, 07:13 AM
We enjoyed Trattoria last fall and would definitely dine there again. I thought the food was excellent and the service was stellar. I personally prefer it over Tutto and Via Napoli.

Hammer
01-27-2016, 10:27 AM
We enjoyed Trattoria last fall and would definitely dine there again. I thought the food was excellent and the service was stellar. I personally prefer it over Tutto and Via Napoli.

I also have eaten at all 3 restaurants and will say I prefer Trattoria al Forno over Tutto Italia. We were actually let down with our dinner at Tutto Italia in November. While it was fine, nothing was really a standout. When we ate at Trattoria, we found many dishes which were standouts and the wait staff was great, letting us eat at our pace. The Chianti braised lamb shank was delicious!

Via Napoli is a different, more casual, menu so it is a more apples to oranges comparison IMO. We enjoyed our pizza and antipasti we had there.

Itchy
01-27-2016, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the input. We have eaten at Via Napoli and Mama Melrose as well in our many visits.

My lady friends ex is Italian and his parents owned an Italian restaurant in St Louis so she is quite the critic.

As stated Via is apples and oranges we thought it was good but not blown away. Mama Melrose on the other hand was a complete disappointment for both of us.

Again thanks for the input, its very possible that we may be visiting the Boardwalk this Sept.

BrerGnat
01-27-2016, 06:51 PM
I have not been but it looks really good! Let us know how you like it if you end up there!

jmj18
01-31-2016, 09:28 PM
We just ate there in December...the food was excellent. I am from the NY area and we have some of the best Italian restaurants and I would say this compared very well. There wasn't a thing that disappointed.

PlutoPlanet
02-01-2016, 12:16 PM
We just ate there in December...the food was excellent. I am from the NY area and we have some of the best Italian restaurants and I would say this compared very well. There wasn't a thing that disappointed.

We ate there last year and are going there again this year. They kept some of the recipes from Kouzinna and have several dishes we like. We are skipping the Italian restaurants in EPCOT, which are fine, to eat here again.

lyall
02-15-2016, 01:12 PM
We ate there twice on our trip in November. The first time was the best meal of the trip. A few days later I had the same meal and it was not good at all. It was basically missing the meat. I was going to talk to the manager about it, but got the impression that she was avoiding us. A friend of ours went there in January and thought it was great.