PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend

badkitty
01-26-2016, 12:15 PM
September 1st - September 4th

Registration for the 2016 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna will open February 2, 2016 at Noon ET! AP and DVC early registration opens today, January 26th!

DisneylandŽ Half Marathon presented by CignaŽ
DisneylandŽ 10K presented by CignaŽ
Dumbo Double Dare presented by CignaŽ
DisneylandŽ 5K presented by CignaŽ
runDisney Kids Races

This year's theme: Famous Disney Duos! "Get set to double your running fun in the place where dreams come true as some of Disney's most beloved duos cheer you along on spectacular runs on amazing courses. Join Mickey & Pluto, Aladdin and the Genie, the Country Bear's Liver Lips and Al, along with Dumbo and Timothy for awesome runs in the most magical place on Earth."

badkitty
01-26-2016, 12:17 PM
I'm all signed up for the 10K!

BrerGnat
01-26-2016, 12:52 PM
I'm all signed up for the 10K!

I really want to do the 10k, but I didn't sign up today. I might decide to when regular registration opens in a couple weeks. Not sure I want to spend the money. Doing the Tinkerbell 10k already in May.

badkitty
01-27-2016, 10:56 PM
The races are pricey but the theme for the 10K is Aladdin & Genie so I had to sign up. This is the first time I can remember that they announced the theme before the registration opened.

BrerGnat
01-27-2016, 11:30 PM
The races are pricey but the theme for the 10K is Aladdin & Genie so I had to sign up. This is the first time I can remember that they announced the theme before the registration opened.

I thought they just announced the "Famous Pairs" theme for the whole weekend? Where did you see this specific theme for the 10k? Does the 5k have a theme?

badkitty
01-28-2016, 05:01 PM
The 5K is Country Bears (Big Al and Liverlips). Under each race on the events page the duos are listed in the description.

BrerGnat
01-28-2016, 05:26 PM
The 5K is Country Bears (Big Al and Liverlips). Under each race on the events page the duos are listed in the description.

Cool. Thanks.

BriarRose0708
01-29-2016, 09:11 AM
Awww, my sister is getting married this weekend, so I probably need to go to that this year instead ;) I'd love to do a Disneyland race some time and get a coast to coast!!! Maybe 2018 (since I'm getting married in 2017), Princess Half and Tinkerbell Half!

Lacy
02-04-2016, 09:43 PM

This is great! And I can't ever remember them doing this in the past. Last year my son was so disappointed that the kid's race was themed to the Sleeping Beauty fairies - I tried to explain how great they are but he said he is never wearing the shirt and didn't even want the medal :( Luckily, it was only the kid's race so the cost wasn't much but if I would have known in advance I may not have signed him up.

Enjoy the 10K!!!