PDA

View Full Version : Poly building?

Scallywag
01-23-2016, 10:38 PM
Thinking about staying at the Poly for the first time. What building would you recommend? We would like to be close to the food / monorail /buses etc.

faline
01-24-2016, 11:47 AM
I've stayed in Raratonga before which is right next to the Great Ceremonial House.

Polynesian Dweller
01-24-2016, 01:34 PM
Building doesn't matter. The Poly is actually a very compact resort. From the west side to the east side is 5-7 minutes and from anywhere to the Great Ceremonial House is 3-5 minutes. So I'd suggest it's better to decide what view you want rather than worry about distance because the latter makes very little difference. Rarotonga, Fiji, and Aeotearoa and at a higher end are Tuvalu for theme park view, lagoon in Aeotaroa and Club level with all three views in Hawaii.

baldburke
01-24-2016, 08:19 PM
Mooerea, Pago Pago and Tokelau are all now part of DVC (along with the bungalows of course). Depended on your party size, just know that the DVC rooms are one queen, one sleeper sofa and one hideaway/trundle bed.

If you can swing it, Hawaii is your best bet. Not just because of the concierge service (which is awesome), but because all rooms have balconies or patios.

I'm not 100% sure on the rest of the buildings, but I know Tuvalu and Fuji don't have balconies on the second floor which can be a draw back for some. Tuvalu doesn't have true patios on the ground floor because they are right on the water, but it's an awesome view.

As others have noted, the Poly is small so it is easy getting around. There are plenty of resorts that we like for a variety of reasons, but the Poly gets the prize as our overall favorite. The themeing is awesome and it's a warm and inviting environment.

Good luck with your decision!

minnie-mouse
01-30-2016, 08:54 AM
We love Raratonga, very quiet and right next to the great Ceremonial House, very convenient.

DebK
01-30-2016, 05:43 PM
2nd floor rooms in the Hawaii building do not have balconies.

ginger19
02-05-2016, 07:56 AM
We stayed in Tuvalu on the third floor. It is on the edge of the property but as mentioned the entire property is so small that it really was not a far walk to anything. We could see the MK fireworks from our balcony and even from our bed!