PDA

View Full Version : More Moderates

j2k
01-21-2016, 01:41 PM
I've been curious about this for awhile now. Why are there so many Deluxe/Villas and aren't there more Moderate resorts? We stayed at CSR last trip and loved it. We are not inclined to stay at either Port Orleans because we want a different feeling than home. So our options in the Moderate category are limited to CSR or CBR. :confused:

I don't really expect any of you to have an answer to my question. I have my own assumptions. With all the park construction and the eventual increased interest with Star Wars, etc., I would think the powers that be would think of adding something more affordable than Deluxe.

BrerGnat
01-21-2016, 03:44 PM
While there are only 4 moderates, they have very large numbers of rooms! Most Deluxe resorts only have a few hundred rooms,which is why there are more of them.

And, frankly, DVC is a cash cow for Disney. I bet they don't make much profit on moderate resorts.

j2k
01-21-2016, 04:52 PM
True. I just wish there were more to experience in the Moderate category. I stayed at ASMu did not like it for a few reasons -- room size, bed size, bus stop at main lodge, food court. We decided to upgrade to Moderates because of this. We enjoyed our stay at CSR. I'd stay there again. I just wish we had more options in the Moderate category as far as theming, etc. The Deluxe will work if the right discount is in place but I'm guessing that the discounts and promotions will be offered less often as the new construction is complete and park attendance increases significantly. They won't need to offer discounts to get people to come.

I'm not complaining. I'll stay in the Moderates if it's the only thing that works in our budget and visit the other resorts if I want to check out the theming. It's just an observation of mine.

Terra
01-22-2016, 12:50 PM
Anymore with the price of the "Value resorts" being near moderate prices you might as well go moderate anyway.
And I'm a Florida AP holder. Those "87" a night ads are ****. Basically good if you come through the week, but most people are working through the week.
I just checked for Valentine's weekend just for fun and the FL AP rate for one of the All Stars was 167 while a moderate was 197.
Just ridiculous IMHO.
Anymore we honestly just stay off property at a local hotel that we love. It's not five star but my kid's and I love it and I can get a family suite for under 250 for three nights on a holiday weekend.
I'm really quite bummed that Disney is pricing their values right out of the "lower middle class'" "value budget". But it is what is.