PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Weekends?

Genie1953
01-21-2016, 01:13 PM
A few years ago our daughter and her family were at Disneyworld during a Star Wars Weekend. Do they still have the Star Wars Weekends or anything like them?

VWL Mom
01-21-2016, 03:27 PM
Sadly, last year was the end of Stars Wars weekends.

BrerGnat
01-21-2016, 03:40 PM
What they have now at the Studios is better than SW weekends because it is every day! Star Wars launch bay, new Jedi Training Academy, themed food...

thejens
01-25-2016, 01:12 PM
Wow, we used to love Star Wars weekends too. We are excited to see the new Star Wars attractions. Can anyone share more about it? Are there lots of characters walking around? We loved how the villians would lurk about and give you evil looks. Themed food??? I am interested to know more.

joanna71985
01-30-2016, 09:27 PM
Honestly, I'd rather have SWW =\

VWL Mom
01-30-2016, 09:38 PM
The Launch Bay is a walk through of SW props and memorabilia, they also have meet and greets here. When we were there it was Darth Vader and Chewbacca and the lines were ridiculously long. No characters were walking around that we saw but have read that there are Stormtroopers in the area. We were expecting a little more Star Wars Weekend atmosphere but didn't find it. Hopefully as they add more it will start to build up.

BrerGnat
01-31-2016, 10:14 AM
I haven't been to a SWW, but I can say that Season of the Force at DisneyLAND is pretty intense Star Wars immersion. I can't honestly imagine how it could be MORE "Star Wars-y" than that. Perhaps the implementation at DHS fell flat?

There is a Star Wars music loop playing continuously, Storm Troopers patrolling all the time, even going through the queues of Star Tours and Hyperspace Mountain. The Jedi Training show takes place in the center of Tomorrowland on a stage where anyone can see it, the character lines at Launch Bay average about 15 min waits. There is themed food and an entire huge gift shop carrying nothing but SW merchandise. There are flags all over the land with SW characters on them and at night, themed projections on all the buildings.