PDA

View Full Version : Best snack for a frosting junkie?

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
01-12-2016, 09:37 PM
When we were at the Magic Kingdom back in November, I was SO sad to find out the snack window near the Teacups was no longer serving the cake cups. Those were one of my very favorites, as I am certainly a frosting junkie! None of that "whipped" frosting, but the real buttercream or cream cheese frosting. I would like opinions on what snack I could find (any park, any resort) that might come close to having the amount of frosting that I'm looking for. I assume the answer is likely a cupcake, but I haven't had enough different ones to know which ones might have the best (and most) frosting. Also, for a cupcake, filling is a plus!

I'm taking my husband on a surprise 4 day birthday trip in a couple of weeks and would like to be able to hunt down the frosting snack of my dreams. Please let me know what you think!

BrerGnat
01-12-2016, 09:45 PM
I would say almost all of the cupcakes should fit the bill. I actually don't like frosting and hate the cupcakes because they have TOO much frosting.

The carrot cake cookie (whoopie pie) at the Writer's Stop at DHS will probably satisfy you.

I know the Contemp Cafe at Contemporary is doing "12 months of cupcakes" with special ones each month. Several of them have fillings.

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
01-12-2016, 09:51 PM
I would say almost all of the cupcakes should fit the bill. I actually don't like frosting and hate the cupcakes because they have TOO much frosting.

We should obviously travel together! ;-)

eam
01-13-2016, 08:14 AM
My daughter and I have done the "cupcake crawl" many times. Two of our favorites are the cupcakes at the Main Street confectionary and the food court at Art of Animation. One of our tests is if you can cut the cupcake in half, the frosting in half and have equal amounts of frosting on each half.

Oh my gosh, when I read this post I realize I really need a cupcake intervention. Love those things. But not all of them as there is a distinct difference in frostings at each location. I have to stop now.

Katzateer
01-13-2016, 09:54 AM
I was soooo disappointed they didn't have those cupcakes in December! Love the half icing/half cupcake comparison. I get to go to a wedding at Grand Floridian next October - hoping the cake is amazing. I ordered a cake one year for our anniversary at California Grill and it was very good.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-13-2016, 10:50 AM
The best/most frosting I've ever seen, on any cupcake anywhere was from Goofy's Candy Company in Disney Springs. I think DD ate the frosting for an hour ... with a spoon! It was huge (and she LOVED it).

ChipDale2708
01-13-2016, 12:59 PM
My favorite has been the cappuccino cupcake DHS served at Pizza Planet. I don't know what I'm going to do now that the restaurant will be closed during our trip in May. :confused:

mechanic
01-13-2016, 03:23 PM
Cream horns at Contempo cafe!

TheDuckRocks
01-14-2016, 11:32 AM
My favorite has been the cappuccino cupcake DHS served at Pizza Planet. I don't know what I'm going to do now that the restaurant will be closed during our trip in May. :confused:

I feel your pain. That cupcake is my very favorite Disney sweet thing. I feel our trip in March will probably have me whining a lot about a stupid lack of a cupcake. :blush:

VWL Mom
01-14-2016, 04:37 PM
The carrot cake cookie (whoopie pie) at the Writer's Stop at DHS will probably satisfy you.

I know the Contemp Cafe at Contemporary is doing "12 months of cupcakes" with special ones each month. Several of them have fillings.

I was going to suggest the carrot cake cookie too, the cream cheese inside is so good.

We're here now and tried the Strawberry cupcake at Contempo, cupcake is baked to a peak so it!s not all frosting but was very good. Hope to try the 2nd flavor on the way back from dinner tonight, they're large enough to share IMO

Arielfan98
01-14-2016, 10:58 PM
Ok I know this is a little overrated, but the strawberry cream cheese cupcake at Be Our Guest was phenomenal! The frosting was so good I ate that more than the cake itself!

Mendelson
01-16-2016, 06:36 PM
Starring Rolls at the Studios has some really good ones.

Pally
01-19-2016, 10:34 AM
If it doesn't have to be a cupcake he had a delicious huge donut at a cart in Epcot around the area before Ellen. You can get cappuccino's, ice coffee and donuts and a few other pastries. It seemed to be pretty popular. The donut we had had pink frosting and was big enough to share. They don't take snack credits there though