PDA

View Full Version : Muppets at HS

ransam
01-04-2016, 11:05 AM
With all the new additions to HS, Star Wars and Toy Story land, I heard that The Muppet Land may be going away, is that true?

Thanks.

Susan A
01-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Is there a muppet land? I know there's the 4D movie and the fountain in front of it.

Speedy1998
01-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Nothing has been announce officially. However, it was said last year that only TSM, the Great Movie Ride, ToT and RnR were safe.

baldburke
01-04-2016, 01:32 PM
Muppetvision 3D is in dire need of an upgrade, even just from the picture quality. It would be great to see the Muppets stay, but not in their current format. Maybe there's opportunity at Epcot as a science based attraction?

John
01-04-2016, 02:16 PM
The prevailing thought right now is that it's going away. Nothing has been released officially to the public as of yet and with the Muppets series taking off on ABC, who knows... like others have said, an upgrade at minimum is sorely needed.

Who knows (and I hate to give them this idea) but the muppets might not be such an awful fit at the imagination pavilion - after all there is already a 3d theatre there.

Figment!
01-04-2016, 09:58 PM
As John said, nothing has been officially announced either way.

Several reliable internet pundits have reported that the Star Wars land is planned to replace only the Echo Lake area, backstage areas, and part of the existing parking lot--stopping just short of the existing Muppets Plaza.

The announced renovations or closures of several locations around Muppets Plaza; however, cast some doubt for its tenure.

MrPeetrie
01-04-2016, 10:54 PM
Muppetvision 3D is in dire need of an upgrade, even just from the picture quality. It would be great to see the Muppets stay, but not in their current format. Maybe there's opportunity at Epcot as a science based attraction?

I would love to see Muppets move to pavillion where "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" used to be housed.

VWL Mom
01-05-2016, 06:01 AM
Who knows (and I hate to give them this idea) but the muppets might not be such an awful fit at the imagination pavilion - after all there is already a 3d theatre there.

I would love to see Muppets move to pavillion where "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" used to be housed.
I'd be good with either one of these :fozzie:

Maddie
01-06-2016, 08:16 AM
Muppets video quality is awful, the attraction is just outdated and could use an update, wouldn't mind seeing it go.

Roger's #1 Fan
01-06-2016, 12:08 PM
An update would be nice, although there is a bit of nostalgia tied to this current version since Henson himself was involved in its production. The theater itself is in an odd spot between ST and Streets of America. Have not seen any plans on how this section will be handled since most work is focused on the TSM area and backlot tour for the TS Playland redo and around Echo Lake for the Star Wars Land redo.

TheVBs
01-09-2016, 08:51 AM
I would love to see the Muppets stay in the park somewhere, but agree that it needs to be something updated.

CaptSmee
01-09-2016, 09:42 AM
There are new rumors Pizza Planet will become Muppet themed. Who knows the long term plan though

iluvdumbo
02-03-2016, 10:17 AM
I hope that they keep Muppets somewhere in the park. It is one of the last things that Henson was involved in, even though the quality of the video is very outdated. I would like them to even move the attraction somewhere else in the park if they have to move it to a different area to make room for the new attractions that are being added to HS.