PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Pop Goers!

mickeymousedabomb1
01-02-2016, 10:39 PM
My Q would be where is the closest location to Classic Hall in either the 50's section or the 70's section. Looking at the map, I like the look of "Lady" building left part of the T and the right part of the T in "Trike" area of the 70's section. And, we'd like a top floor. Are there only two floors, and are there elevators? Thanks!

mickclub1955
01-03-2016, 12:13 AM
Yes there are elevators and if I am not mistaken there are four floors.

PopPhan
01-03-2016, 12:49 AM
Yes there are elevators and if I am not mistaken there are four floors.

Correct on both counts. The elevators are in the center of the "triad" of wings to the building. For example: In the Lady section of the 50's, the elevators are in the area behind Lady. There are 4 floors to each building in Pop.

My Q would be where is the closest location to Classic Hall in either the 50's section or the 70's section. Looking at the map, I like the look of "Lady" building left part of the T and the right part of the T in "Trike" area of the 70's section. And, we'd like a top floor. Are there only two floors, and are there elevators? Thanks!

Unfortunately, using the elevators would make the closest rooms to Classic Hall kind of a moot point. You would have to go all the way to Lady, get on the elevator, then walk the whole way back to your room. It would be a lot closer if you were to use the stairs only.

Also, there would be little difference between the rooms of the Lady (building 1) and Tramp (building 3) [at the closest proximity to Classic Hall] due to the pathways. The same goes for the Big Wheel (building 0) and Mickey Phone (building 6). You need to look at the walking paths as much as the physical location of the building itself.

If you are looking for a room closest to bus transportation, believe it or not, the 90's section Walkman (building 9) is actually closer to the bus stops.

mickeymousedabomb1
01-03-2016, 08:06 AM
Great information! Thanks so much PopPhan!!

mechanic
01-03-2016, 10:55 AM
The east wings at the main pool buildings are a good choice too. Cut through the main building. Use Google maps and look at overhead view. And notice how long the bus loading area is.

LandFan
01-09-2016, 10:23 PM
We tend to love the 70's big wheel building best. It is closest to the major trifecta - the food court, busses (if you walk along the edge of the parking lot) and the gift shop. We stay there all the time.

mickeymousedabomb1
01-10-2016, 07:17 PM
Have you ever stayed on the fourth floor?

momof3+twins
01-15-2016, 04:21 PM
I have really researched this then I also checked it out while there. These rooms are preferred but the closest in my opinion are 50s overlooking the parking lot, 70s over looking the parking lot or the 60s pool view. You are best to give all the requests so hopefully you will get one of them. If you don't want to pay preferred then you are probably best in the 50s, 70s but request as close to the main building as possible.

LVT
01-15-2016, 07:57 PM
I like the 50's parking lot area. It is not as busy. There is a lot of foot traffic around pools as people go to Main building, their rooms, or the pool.