PDA

View Full Version : tower of terror

peter's #1 fan
01-02-2016, 05:45 PM
Is the tower of closing? Someone I work with said it was closing for good.

thanks

AndrewJackson
01-02-2016, 06:06 PM
No. Someone you work with is making stuff up. ;)

Maybe they are confusing some of the other attractions that are closing to make room for the expansion.

Fangorn
01-02-2016, 06:12 PM
The person you work with must be related to one of the WDW Bus Drivers.

No. Pretty sure it won't be closing. It's about the only thing that's actually going to be OPEN for the next 2-5 years while they more or less redo the Park for Star Wars and Toy Story lands.

Steve

RunDMV
01-03-2016, 12:43 AM
It will be closing. From about 10pm to 8am every single day.

DizneyFreak2002
01-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Tower of Terror is safe.... Everything else? Well, maybe not so much, except Toy Story Mania...

Speedy1998
01-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Tower of Terror is safe.... Everything else? Well, maybe not so much, except Toy Story Mania...

I read somewhere that RnR, Tot, TSM and the Great Movie Ride were safe. I remember being surprised that nothing was said about Star Tours in the article.

DizneyFreak2002
01-04-2016, 01:55 PM
I read somewhere that RnR, Tot, TSM and the Great Movie Ride were safe. I remember being surprised that nothing was said about Star Tours in the article.
Theme change MAYBE with RnRC... Great Movie Ride, for now.... but once things get rolling???

RunDMV
01-04-2016, 07:07 PM
Theme change MAYBE with RnRC... Great Movie Ride, for now.... but once things get rolling???

I still can't believe Aerosmith's "Walk This Way" is a featured song with the lyrics being what they are.

Speedy1998
01-05-2016, 12:28 PM
I still can't believe Aerosmith's "Walk This Way" is a featured song with the lyrics being what they are.

I think the people that would care, a. Don't already know the lyrics, and b. Can't not understand or hear the lyrics when they are played in the queue.

Hammer
01-05-2016, 01:44 PM

Well, Great Movie Ride has a corporate sponsor, so I don't see it going away. I think it will get an extensive refurbishment after Star Wars/Toy Story construction is completed.

DizneyFreak2002
01-05-2016, 04:05 PM
Well, Great Movie Ride has a corporate sponsor, so I don't see it going away. I think it will get an extensive refurbishment after Star Wars/Toy Story construction is completed.
GMR is on the list... Down toward the bottom, but it is there... What ever they decide to do is years away however, and of course, we all know how many different plans will be proposed, rejected, approved, then cancelled... Much like the proposal that GRM was to become a Guardians of the Galaxy attraction... I believe that proposal went no where fast....

Tearin_it_up
01-10-2016, 09:18 PM
As a huge Aerosmith fan, I fear the day they change the theme of that ride. Hopefully they at least wait until they retire... and that it stays rock and roll and not turn to some new school techno music stuff

As for the the Tower of Terror, I think that is almost the safest you can get for an attraction, everybody loves that thing, the new name for the park should be "The one with Tower of Terror"

Goofy4TheWorld
01-11-2016, 09:31 AM
As a huge Aerosmith fan, I fear the day they change the theme of that ride. Hopefully they at least wait until they retire... and that it stays rock and roll and not turn to some new school techno music stuff

Just reading your post made my stomach spasm just a little. :sick: I too fear what will be its demise.

i'm grumpy
01-11-2016, 12:29 PM
:mad: I really hope they leave my fave thrill ride alone. I became an Aerosmith fan after riding RNR.

LudwigVonDrake
01-11-2016, 04:39 PM
Tower of Terror, thank God, is NOT going anywhere :mickey:

RBrooksC
01-12-2016, 08:13 AM
I believe Aerosmith rerecorded the music for the ride so they may have adjusted the lyrics.

Speedy1998
01-12-2016, 12:30 PM
the new name for the park should be "The one with Tower of Terror"

:rotfl:

Speedy1998
01-12-2016, 12:35 PM
:mad: I really hope they leave my fave thrill ride alone. I became an Aerosmith fan after riding RNR.

I don't see it going away soon. Aerosmith might not be as popular as they once were, but it is not like they went away 20 years ago. Their latest album was released in 2012, and their last tour was in 2015.

Terra
01-14-2016, 07:46 AM

I believe Aerosmith rerecorded the music for the ride so they may have adjusted the lyrics.

Yes, the lyrics are adjusted. I thought the same thing years ago when I first started going as well though RunDMV.
Some of their lyrics are definitely not child friendly!