PDA

View Full Version : Switching resorts

nicjohn3
12-30-2015, 06:24 PM
Hi..I know this has been posted before but I am not getting the same answer as I read months ago....

I am wanting to add an extra night onto reservation, however, because we would get in late, I was wanting to book at All Stars, but then transfer the next day to our regular reservation of POR.

My question is...How does my luggage get over there?

Thanks for any help.

dudeman1975
12-31-2015, 07:37 AM
Hi..I know this has been posted before but I am not getting the same answer as I read months ago....

I am wanting to add an extra night onto reservation, however, because we would get in late, I was wanting to book at All Stars, but then transfer the next day to our regular reservation of POR.

My question is...How does my luggage get over there?

Thanks for any help.

We switched three times on our trip last September. All we did was call Bell Services and when they arrive tell them you are doing a transfer and to what hotel. When you get to new hotel after the parks or whatever you choose to do, call bell services to get your luggage. Disney said that the luggage actually would arrive in the room but it never did until we called bell service and they brought it up for us. Also be careful to check all your stuff when it is delivered to new room as we had a couple of phone chargers missing.

Fangorn
12-31-2015, 11:55 AM
How does my luggage get over there?

As mentioned, you just need to contact Bell Services to arrange that. In your case, it's probably best to actually arrange for the transfer when you check-in. If you schedule it in advance, Bell Services will more than likely show up on your schedule. If you call in the morning as you want to leave, you may be waiting some time for them to get to you.

Bell Services will pick up your luggage and transfer it to POR for you. It probably won't arrive at POR until after 3pm (probably later) and it will NOT be delivered to your room. You have to be in your room for them to deliver it. You also have to call from your room - you can't just stop by the Bell Services desk and ask them to deliver it. Tried that a couple of weeks ago and while they did check that our bags were there, we had to go to our room and then call before they'd deliver them.

It's pretty painless.

Steve

ginger19
01-04-2016, 11:45 AM
So you would recommend keeping anything that you would need before 3pm with you and not sent with your luggage? I am switching from Yacht Club to SSR in February and this is helpful to know. thank you!

Fangorn
01-04-2016, 11:56 AM
If there's something that you really need to have during the day - meds for instance - then yes, you'll want to keep that with you. Once bell services picks up your luggage, you will not have access to it until it arrives at the new resort. I've been told that the norm is for luggage transfers to happen around 3pm, but it can be much later. My personal experience has been they've always completed the transfer by 3pm. But your mileage may vary.

Steve

ginger19
01-04-2016, 08:28 PM
That is helpful, thank you!

LandFan
01-09-2016, 10:38 PM
yes - just call bell services in the morning. They are great about it. Even if you are switching to or from the swan or dolphin.

savafan
01-10-2016, 11:06 PM
How do you go about booking a multiple resort reservation?