PDA

View Full Version : Resort Dining

NewDVCowner
12-30-2015, 04:33 PM
My mom and I are traveling towards the end of April for a quick trip to WDW and wanted to have a sit down meal at one of the resorts that we could then spend some time wandering around and exploring. We've already booked at Boatwright's at POR and we have spent a lot of time at Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Poly. Does anyone have any suggestions on a place to have a table service meal specifically for the location of a neat resort to walk around?

Thanks so much!

BrerGnat
12-30-2015, 05:25 PM
How about the new Italian place on the Boardwalk? Trattoria al Forno. There is a lot of good shopping/things to see at that resort.

faline
12-30-2015, 05:47 PM
Start with a drink and/or appetizer at Mizner's at the Grand Floridian. Enjoy this wil also also enjoying the band that plays on the balcony just outside. Move on to dinner at either Citrico's or Narcoosee's. Wander through the main lobby and visit all the shops. Move outside for the fireworks and/or the Electrical Water Pagaent.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-30-2015, 10:43 PM
These are both great suggestions! I love the idea of time at the Grand Floridian ... I could sit for quite a while listening to the live music in the lobby.

In the past we've enjoyed Wilderness Lodge, but with the construction, it might not be a great year to visit.

deedee73
12-31-2015, 12:42 AM
dinner at either Citrico's or Narcoosee's. Wander through the main lobby and visit all the shops. Move outside for the fireworks and/or the Electrical Water Pagaent.

This is one of our favorite things to do. It is a must do on our trips. If you are eying during these times let your server know & pop outside for the view & then back for another course. You can also just hang out on the deck after your meal if your ADR is prior to the start of the EWP & WISHES.

Arielfan98
01-02-2016, 02:10 AM
Two suggestions:

a) Contemporary-The Wave Restaurant:
Pros-Indoors, lots of shops, cool places to explore like the convention center where past presidents have resided.
Cons-Just a lot convention rooms, none of that fresh Orlando air (but then again a plus if you'd rather be mostly indoors).

b) Turf Club Bar and Grill-Saratoga Springs Resort
Pros-Take the boat right on over to Disney Springs and have some fun!
Cons-More outdoors, have to take a boat/walk/bus.

As for the restaurant part Turf Club is one of Disney's best kept secrets and they make a great steak! Best of luck!

#1donaldfan
01-04-2016, 10:04 AM
Cape May !!!! It's the best buffet on property (IMHO). Afterwards you can wander around the boardwalk or if you wanted to, could go through the international gate at EC to see the park .....

NewDVCowner
01-04-2016, 12:19 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions!