PDA

View Full Version : 5th Gate or Fix What Ya Got?

baldburke
12-16-2015, 12:41 PM
We're now a few years into FP+ which seems to have some folks missing the "old Disney." It's obviously not going anywhere, although hopefully further enhancements are down the road.

Regardless of feelings on FP+, the parks are busier than ever. If traveling at the right time guests may get a slow day (or two or three), but there are no extended slow periods anymore.

To keep up with capacity would you rather Disney add a fifth gate or fix what they have?

Some could argue that the fixing is underway for DHS with the SW and TS expansions and AK is adding Avatar. However adding third queue for Soarin' plus the new Frozen attraction isn't enough to bring Epcot back to it's glory.

Your thoughts?

Speedy1998
12-16-2015, 01:02 PM
In Epcot they should start by adding rides to the countries that they originally planned on adding rides to, but never did. I know Germany and Japan were both originally supposed to have rides, not sure if any others were supposed to.

In future world I think they should use the area they built for the millennial celebration for the seasonal shows/festivals, and open something permanent where in the old Wonders of life pavilion, and the Odessey now sit.

DonaldDuck1117
12-16-2015, 02:05 PM
You know for years I was in the "fix it first" camp. But now, with the resort busting at the seems in terms of hotel occupancy and park attendance I think a 5th gate would be better. That way it would help spread the numbers out and make it feel less crowded.

Plus, with Universal looking like it is going to build a third park it would be a way to steal some of that thunder.

Studios looks to be getting fixed as well as AK. Epcot needs rides, badly.

BrerGnat
12-16-2015, 02:51 PM
I'm all for adding another park, although I don't think it would really help with crowds. Similar to "widening freeways", adding "one more" actually adds to the crowding even more. More people will come, that's all. Although I think Disney could stand to add another park.

AgentC
12-16-2015, 03:16 PM
I'm not against adding a park but I think they need to fix what they have first. It would be too easy to start something new and let the rest just sit.

PopPhan
12-16-2015, 03:29 PM
I fell in with the "Fix it" group only because there are so many areas that are unused or underused ("holes") that if they "fixed" those areas, the parks could handle the larger crowds. Certainly, it would be an eyesore to see all the construction going on, but in the end, it would be all for the better.

IF, after "fixing" the "holes," the crowd levels remain as high as they are currently and it is found the these "fixes" don't do the trick, then and only then look to building a 5th gate.

W24toISMdirect
12-16-2015, 05:02 PM
Well considering that once you decide on whether you are getting FP+ for Test Track or Soarin' it's a challenge to figure out what else to get... I think the answer is obvious.

DonaldDuck1117
12-16-2015, 06:01 PM
I'm all for adding another park, although I don't think it would really help with crowds. Similar to "widening freeways", adding "one more" actually adds to the crowding even more. More people will come, that's all. Although I think Disney could stand to add another park.

That's a really good point and I thought of that as well. But if you build a fifth gate and the crowds swell to fill it that means extra revenue for the company and you would hope some of that get funneled to fixing things at other parks.

2Epcot
12-16-2015, 10:16 PM
Once the Studios and Animal Kingdom get their makeover and additions, it is time to put some work into bringing Epcot back up to where it was originally. So I would be in favor of fixing first.

MrPeetrie
12-17-2015, 07:35 AM
After the extensive expansion completion in both Animal Kingdom, as well as Hollywood Studios, I would like to see the same effort go into Epcot. That has been the forgotten park, left to rely on its (aging) beauty and uniqueness. Magic Kingdom got the Fantasyland expansion and I love it. I'm sure Avatarlanf will be amazing. Other AK enhancements should be fantastic, too. DHS will probably go from being our least favorite to a "must-do!"

Then, it's time to show Eocot some much-needed love. Imagine how amazing that park can be!

TheVBs
12-17-2015, 07:51 AM
I voted for "Fix it" first. I would love to see a 5th gate, but I think they need to do some other improvements first.

grumpyguy
12-17-2015, 07:57 AM
I would like to see things fixed and maintained. The Yeti is what sticks out most in my mind. I was fortunate enough to see him operate in "A" mode a couple of times and it was very cool.Now the poor guy I'm sure is embarrassed everytime he has to do the "disco" dance.

John
12-17-2015, 04:45 PM
Need a choice for BOTH. They need to start building a 4th gate and get to work on fixing Epcot.

BrerGnat
12-17-2015, 05:38 PM
Need a choice for BOTH. They need to start building a 4th gate and get to work on fixing Epcot.

This would be my vote. They have more than enough money to do both, simultaneously.

1DisneyNut
12-18-2015, 09:32 AM
Focus on fixing what they have and add more attractions to the existing parks. In reality, I think we all know that if they added another park it would barely be worth visiting for 10 years after it opened. Animal Kingdom opened in 1998 (17 years ago) and is currently still barely worth visiting. They could have put the rides that are worth doing in appropriate areas of Epcot and added a few countries and it would have made a far better park.

Then again, as long as it would take them to get a new park into shape, maybe it would be best if they go ahead and start it now. lol

DizneyFreak2002
12-18-2015, 08:28 PM
Fix what they have now... They can hardly handle 4 parks... add a 5th? No way....

TheVBs
12-20-2015, 09:52 AM
Both would be great!! They need to provide more places for these larger crowds to go as much as they need to improve what they've got. That said, I am really happy about the efforts they've put into MK and are planning for HS and AK. I would love to see some of that same effort put into Epcot.

tiggerbuddy
01-01-2016, 05:42 PM
Definately Fix...

In Epcot they should start by adding rides to the countries that they originally planned on adding rides to, but never did. I know Germany and Japan were both originally supposed to have rides, not sure if any others were supposed to.

deedee73
01-01-2016, 09:50 PM
I would like to see both but if it is only one then definitely fix! EPCOT was always one of my favs and I really want it to be restored & improved. Bandaid are temporary - we need some permanent improvements.