PDA

View Full Version : ? for Northern NJ Area

missymouseworld
12-10-2015, 06:00 PM
My son will be graduating college this spring. He had an internship the past four years, and the past two at a big financial company in Montvale, NJ and they hired him after graduation. While he interned there, he commuted from our home in Central, NJ (Middlesex County). Montvale (Bergen County?)is the last exit North on the Parkway and it was quite a commute. Question is for anyone who lives up there... in or near Montvale, that they can recommend a nice area that is not so quite expensive for rental apartments? We don't know the area, but are aware that Montvale is very expensive, so he is looking in the surrounding areas within 15 minutes to 30 minutes away. Not sure if anyone has any info, but just thought I would try.

Thanks.

BrerGnat
12-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Can't offer any help, but I grew up in Middlesex County! Small world. :)

ILoveLegos
12-11-2015, 12:14 PM
Try Budd Lake, NJ - my sister & her husband found a very affordable apartment in the area when they were newly weds. It was significantly more affordable when compared to comparable apartments in the Dunellen/Middlesex/Somerset/New Brunswick, NJ area at that time. Of course that was 16 years ago, but I'd still look into it now. Besides the area is semi-rural and very beautiful.

princessgirls
12-23-2015, 04:54 PM
Paramus is a good town with some rentals,
also Ridgewood and Hawthorne. Hawthorne might be a nice fit. It's not as expensive.
Julie

missymouseworld
12-30-2015, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the information....