PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Potato Head Removed from Toy Story Mania

MaxPower
12-08-2015, 06:30 PM
When was the audio-aniamatronic Mr. Potato Head removed from the queue at Toy Story Mania at DHS? I usually use Fastpass for this ride, but I went into the standby queue last week and was surprised to find him gone and replaced with an entire wall devoted to Colorforms. They even added in more queue railings in the place where he stood. I completely missed this development. Clearly this is permanent? Why? Was there a reason given?

Mendelson
12-09-2015, 09:36 AM
Where will the tyranny of these anti-carb people end??!?

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-09-2015, 01:34 PM
Really, he's gone? Geesh, when did that happen? I always FP+ this ride, so I haven't been in the SB queue in ages.

What a shame, he was fun!

i'm grumpy
12-09-2015, 02:11 PM
Really, he's gone? Geesh, when did that happen? I always FP+ this ride, so I haven't been in the SB queue in ages.

What a shame, he was fun!

We've used FP only because the lines were so long, so we've never seen him.

DizneyRox
12-09-2015, 04:48 PM
Many of the animatronics of late (I know that's generous) seem to have trouble. There's the Yeti, Luxo didn't last long, Lucky, probably one of the best animatronics I ever saw doesn't appear to be making rounds (maybe he's still in the far east). Woudldn't be surprised if Mr. Head fizzled out. With that queue always at staggering lengths, I can't believe it wasn't a decent time sink that kept people happy.

Was it a real person interacting and that person (or people) got the axe?

BrerGnat
12-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Maybe they are moving him? Aren't they adding another ride track? Will the queue be reworked?

Speedy1998
12-11-2015, 12:49 PM
Maybe they are moving him? Aren't they adding another ride track? Will the queue be reworked?

The rumor I have heard is that the new ride track will be FP+ only, and the existing ride track will be Standby only. If that is true maybe he will make reappearance when they remove the existing FP+ queue. (I can hope anyway).

CaptSmee
12-11-2015, 02:57 PM
And the last time I went through the queue at Peter Pan the interactive scene was a boarded up window :(

Priority Four
12-14-2015, 03:03 PM
It was there in June. It was always a choke point in the line with people taking pics but I thought it was great.

Speedy1998
12-22-2015, 12:41 PM
It was there in June. It was always a choke point in the line with people taking pics but I thought it was great.

Being a choke point in the line may have been why it was removed.

#1donaldfan
12-22-2015, 01:33 PM
I agree that people would stop briefly to click off a few pics but it was never impactful enough to substantiate his removal. Gotta be another reason.

Ian
12-24-2015, 12:51 PM
I would guess they're moving him as part of the big refresh that's coming.

LVT
12-29-2015, 08:55 PM
I like him. The line moved so slowly at that time that he could not be a chokepoint.