PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional

txdisneyfanatic
12-06-2015, 07:55 PM
Hi, this will be our 1st time visiting during Christmas/New Years! We are looking for any information on the processional. Can you just show up and get a seat, reservations only, etc? Thanks!!

joonyer
12-06-2015, 09:42 PM
That depends on what day/time you are planning to attend. Anywhere close to Christmas, I would strongly advise getting a reservation. We did this last year for the first time (on Christmas eve), and if Christmas has any spiritual meaning for you, it is not to be missed. Fabulous performance and show, world class performers/players, and referencing the biblical story of Christmas. One of a kind. It was the top highlight of our trip.

Speedy1998
12-07-2015, 12:38 PM
I agree, the closer to Christmas the more necessary the reservation is, unless you plan on standing in a standby line for hours hoping there will be an empty seat.

Strmchsr
12-07-2015, 03:45 PM
Even not close to Christmas the line can be 3-4 hours wait for standby. You have 3 options - 1.) camp out and wait, 2.) Stand at the top near the American Pavilion where you can't see much but you can hear most everything or 3.) Do the dinner package. The third option is definitely the most recommended. Even then you need to be in line at least 45-60 min before showtime to guarantee a good seat, but you can come any time and be guaranteed a seat when you have the package (just not necessarily a good one). For your first time I think the dinner package will be the way to go as it will give you the best opportunity to truly enjoy a wonderful show. Let me also give you this bit of info - if you're not familiar with the CP it is a choir driven show with traditional Christian Christmas hymns. The narration is mostly only scripture readings of the Christmas story from the various Gospels and prophets. As a Christian I find it very meaningful, but someone not of the faith might not. It's not your typical Disney show by any means but it's beautiful and meaningful for me.

Isabella
12-07-2015, 10:53 PM
There is also a lunch option which is a smidge less expensive but still get seats guaranteed. We are having lunch at Via Napoli next Monday on the package for the program. Great music, live orchestra and choir, stunning decorations so worth the effort!

Hammer
12-08-2015, 12:31 AM
Even not close to Christmas the line can be 3-4 hours wait for standby. You have 3 options - 1.) camp out and wait, 2.) Stand at the top near the American Pavilion where you can't see much but you can hear most everything or 3.) Do the dinner package. The third option is definitely the most recommended. Even then you need to be in line at least 45-60 min before showtime to guarantee a good seat, but you can come any time and be guaranteed a seat when you have the package (just not necessarily a good one). For your first time I think the dinner package will be the way to go as it will give you the best opportunity to truly enjoy a wonderful show. Let me also give you this bit of info - if you're not familiar with the CP it is a choir driven show with traditional Christian Christmas hymns. The narration is mostly only scripture readings of the Christmas story from the various Gospels and prophets. As a Christian I find it very meaningful, but someone not of the faith might not. It's not your typical Disney show by any means but it's beautiful and meaningful for me.

To add to what Chris said, there have been reports that lines for shows this year are reaching as far back as France for standby seating, so I would recommend booking a dining package if available, as you will be there at an even busier time.

John
12-08-2015, 11:43 AM
I'm not going to tell you NOT to get reservations - but contrary to what was posted above, we went on the 2nd night of Candlelight Processional (which was the day after thanksgiving) and lined up for the last show of the nite about 50ish minutes ahead of time. We got in and enjoyed the show. They had a queue that went back to Italy for stand by. Other side (France) was for those who had made dinner reservations for the show.

I figured if they didn't cut us off from the queue - then we were probably ok (as they were clicking off the number of people in line).

Got to see Gary Sinise and it was my first ever viewing of the show.

Your mileage may vary, but if you are willing to line up early enough and I'd say, go to the last show, you just might sneak in ;)

Hammer
12-08-2015, 12:53 PM
Something else you need to consider is if there is even any availability for the dining package during your stay. You mentioned you will be there around Christmas/New Year's. As that is one of, if not the busiest, times of the year, it is possible there may not be any available packages. I just checked for a party of 2 for the 1 night/ 2 days I will be there (12/22-12/23) and nothing is available for the Candlelight Processional package for lunch or dinner either day. You may need to use the stand by line or standing up by the American pavilion as that could be the only options.

Stu29573
12-08-2015, 02:21 PM
Thanks John!
This thread got me so worried that called dining to see what dining packages were available on the 16th (when we plan to be there) and long story short, pretty much every place at every time was open... I then figured it wasn't as big a deal as I was afraid it was. We're going to wing it. If for some reason, I'm wrong, no biggie.