PDA

View Full Version : Attraction Time notifications using Mobile App

Dream'nDisney
12-03-2015, 10:28 AM
It has been awhile since I used the Disney mobile App. Does the App automatically know that you are at WDW and in a particular park to notify you of attraction times, etc.? or do you need to set something up on the App to instigate the notifications?

BrerGnat
12-03-2015, 11:24 AM
As far as I know, there are no notifications like that in the app. You have to manually look at the wait times.

baldburke
12-03-2015, 11:52 AM
It would certainly be a nice plus (if you wanted it).

Dream'nDisney
12-03-2015, 12:14 PM
Has the App changed? Because I could have swore the last time we were there, it notified us of wait times??

faline
12-03-2015, 12:33 PM
I seem to recall that the app will bring up those attractions closest to your current location while you are in a park (or near a park).

baldburke
12-03-2015, 01:55 PM
Has the App changed? Because I could have swore the last time we were there, it notified us of wait times??

You can indeed see the wait times while using the app. It just doesn't do push notifications.

Dream'nDisney
12-03-2015, 02:25 PM
Okay great. Thanks.

magicofdisney
12-03-2015, 03:01 PM
When I was there a couple of weeks ago, I had to go in and manually select my location. No matter where I was, it kept giving MK info. I don't know if that's standard, a fluke, or if I didn't set something correctly in my settings.

EJS-Houston
12-03-2015, 03:22 PM
Nope, I think that's standard. It defaults to Magic Kingdom, and if you want to check on one of the other parks, you simply click over to one of them and it gives you the wait times for all the attractions in that park.

BrerGnat
12-03-2015, 08:10 PM
When I was there a couple of weeks ago, I had to go in and manually select my location. No matter where I was, it kept giving MK info. I don't know if that's standard, a fluke, or if I didn't set something correctly in my settings.

You have to make sure Location Settings is turned ON on your phone.

magicofdisney
12-04-2015, 10:54 AM
You have to make sure Location Settings is turned ON on your phone.
It is...

Specifically, I know it was on for that app.

BrerGnat
12-04-2015, 11:39 AM
It is...

Specifically, I know it was on for that app.

The app has always been super buggy. The location worked for me last October but before that, it always had me at the Polynesian.