PDA

View Full Version : Animation Tour? What now?

wiltsan
12-01-2015, 10:55 AM
One of my families favorite things to do was to visit the Animation Tour studio at Disney Hollywood Studios and we saw during our last visit that it is now closed and will turn into a Star Wars themed attraction (seems odd amongst LM and PHD but...). Will the Animation Tour be set up and housed elsewhere? I sure hope so as we always found it fascinating to see the process that it takes to make the movies, past cells and drafts and loved it when they had the artists on hand in the studio creating an actual film (though I know it wasn't for real in most cases) that we might see in the theaters in the future. And going way back, also loved the Walter Cronkite and Robin Williams movie that showcased our favorite films. We would always purchase from the studio store as well - a print, sculpture etc to remember our trip and enjoyed speaking to the animators on hand. I hope they do plan on recreating this some other area of the park. We need to remember that the animation is what started it all. (And while we are at it, bring back the "True Colors" movie :)

CaptSmee
12-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Animation tour is gone for good I'm sure. It became a character meet and greet area years ago, there hasn't been artists or a studio there for a long time to tour

wiltsan
12-09-2015, 06:51 PM
Yes, understood on the lower level but on the upper level you were still able to see animated landscapes, cells, sketches etc. of our classic favorites and then sometimes you would be able to see a preview (albeit a poster) of an upcoming film. I hope they do recreate it somewhere because this is the foundation and its important.