PDA

View Full Version : FP+ lines?

busterthebronco
11-30-2015, 08:58 AM
We experienced something new this trip. There were LONG lines for FastPass people returning at their time! (30 minutes for Midway Mania)

Did they just overbook?

Oh yea, and people have started standing in the FP+ area for Wishes so don't waste a FP on that.

MNNHFLTX
11-30-2015, 09:36 AM
Oh yea, and people have started standing in the FP+ area for Wishes so don't waste a FP on that.Do the cast members not enforce that?

BrerGnat
11-30-2015, 11:17 AM
We experienced something new this trip. There were LONG lines for FastPass people returning at their time! (30 minutes for Midway Mania)

Did they just overbook?.

No, it's just that a bunch of people probably showed up at the same time in the return window. Or, the CM at the merge zone was inefficient.

This happened to us last week at Disneyland and there is no FP+ system there. Just the way it goes sometimes.

Speedy1998
11-30-2015, 12:44 PM

Did they just overbook?

I have seen this a few times, I have identified 2 things that almost always cause the line to backup.

1. A big show or parade just finished (From experience do not get a FP+ for BTMR or SplashM anytime near the end of a parade)
2. The attraction was down.

busterthebronco
11-30-2015, 06:44 PM
Do the cast members not enforce that?

no. they made people in the walkway area keep moving but never said a word to us fastpassers in the viewing area. a few couples in the front stood up and it was all over. lots of folks standing up too filming with their phones and tablets.
we're going to do the parade viewing next time.

Cass&KenziesMom
12-02-2015, 09:28 AM
no. they made people in the walkway area keep moving but never said a word to us fastpassers in the viewing area. a few couples in the front stood up and it was all over. lots of folks standing up too filming with their phones and tablets.
we're going to do the parade viewing next time.

When we were there last they MADE people stand up. If you were sitting they told you to stand.

SurferStitch
12-14-2015, 12:09 PM
We found the FP return lines to be longer than normal when we were there 11/30-12/10. It didn't matter when in our window we showed up, either. Midway mania, Soarin' and Mine Train stand out in my mind... especially Midway Mania.

Overall, though, crowds were lighter than we anticipated. With all of the resorts sold out, we were expecting big crowds like last October or December of 2013, but we were pleasantly surprised. I mean, popular rides still had very long lines, but we FP'd them. I was amazed that the Osborne Lights had so much room to move! We went on a magic hours night, and while picture lines were long (but moved pretty well), there was no shoulder-to-shoulder action like in 2013. It was quite enjoyable.

Goofy4TheWorld
12-14-2015, 12:21 PM
When we were there last they MADE people stand up. If you were sitting they told you to stand.

This happened to my family and I was livid, to the point that without even thinking about it I yelled "NO!" as soon as the CM announced 10 minutes before Wishes that "sorry folks, today's viewing is standing room only".

I absolutely would have led a revolt if the people around me would have jumped on the bandwagon, but nobody took the bait. Within minutes though half the people sat back down anyway, but because of the better-behaved people who remained standing the view was terrible if you sat down. It was an absolute waste of a FP+ to have to stand, and was a mistake I will NEVER make again.

I am really surprised that I didn't end up being dragged down Main Street in handcuffs that night, but I would have held my head high. It spikes my blood pressure every time I think about it.

SurferStitch
12-15-2015, 01:47 PM

I had actually heard on a couple of Disney podcasts just after the viewing areas opened up that it was standard policy to stand in the Wishes FP areas, and sitting wasn't allowed.