PDA

View Full Version : Online check in...

olivegirl
11-28-2015, 03:31 PM
We will be in Disney from 12-3/12-7 All Star Music.:cloud9: For the first time we did online check in. Just was looking for some opinions for on line check in. As many times as we have been to Disney never checked in online.

faline
11-28-2015, 03:58 PM
I've never used it either. Some folks have reported that they get through more quickly once they arrive; others that it has taken just as long as if they hadn't used it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-28-2015, 09:03 PM
We tend to use online check-in. For us, we've found that our room is more likely to be ready when we check-in online, since you can indicate your arrival time. It may be a total fluke, but it has been our experience.

The first few times we did the online check-in we got caught in line behind people with a zillion questions. The last couple of times have been super quick, and once we were met in the lobby by a CM with an iPad, who went and grabbed our package and we were off without actually going to the counter at all.

Ed
11-29-2015, 08:29 AM
Like Heather, we always use online check-in and our room is usually ready when we arrive or shortly thereafter. (On one occasion, we were told our room wasn't ready and that they'd text us when it was ready. We got about ten feet from the counter and got the text! :mickey: ) Having a CM away from the desk with an iPad seems to be working well and reducing the lines at the counter.

brownie
11-29-2015, 10:01 AM
We've use it. Our room has always been ready and it's almost always been faster than regular check-in.

VWL Mom
11-29-2015, 10:48 AM
We use it for our trips mostly for convenience. If I had to guess I would say our room was ready 70% of the time which is good IMO.

magicofdisney
11-29-2015, 04:31 PM
I've been using it since it first began. Usually it works out better than not. Just 2 wks ago we were in our rooms at this moment. :( So sad I'm not there now...

What I love about online check-in now though, is you can go straight to your room if it's ready and you already have a magic band! This is what we experienced this past trip. I ended up needing to go to check-in anyway simply because I forgot my pin code for the bands. Otherwise, it was flawless and simple.

Dream'nDisney
12-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Are there any downfalls to on-line check-in as opposed to checking in when you arrive?

Hog
12-01-2015, 07:31 PM
When we got off the magical express there was a CM waiting for us. We got to go straight to our room since the room keys were on magic bands and I already assigned a credit card.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

BrerGnat
12-01-2015, 07:36 PM
Online check in has NEVER worked for me. Without fail, they "can't find my packet." 5 trips now using it and not a single success story. It's comical at this point. Sort of.

1DisneyNut
12-02-2015, 09:19 AM
We just used it for the first time (after calling tech support to get our account fixed first). We still had to stand in the check in line for 15 minutes with everyone else and then confirmed our arrival. Our room was not ready and they said they would text and email us when it was ready. Never received either (probably because their system upgrades kept messing my MDE account up). We were in a line at Magic Kingdom around 8:00 that night when it occurred to us we still did not know our room number so we called guest services and got the number.

So our first experience with online check in was a total fail. Maybe next time they will have it sorted out and stream lined. For online check in to be effective, they need a few CM's that only serve guests that have done the online check in prior to arrival so we don't have to stand in line forever with everyone else.

EJS-Houston
12-03-2015, 03:37 PM
So can you check in online via the My Disney Express App on your iPhone, or do you have to log in to MDE on a computer?