PDA

View Full Version : Adults ordering from kid's menu

twosiamesecats
11-27-2015, 10:03 PM
My teen daughter is a picky eater. Can she order from the kids menu at table restaurants? We won't be on the dining plan. Thanks!

BrerGnat
11-27-2015, 10:20 PM
She can order the kids foods, but they will double the portion as well as the price at table service places. At CS, anyone can order off the kids menu.

Cinderelley
11-28-2015, 05:56 AM
I have had to do this before due to medical dietary restrictions. I've never had a problem. They've never doubled the portions or charged me more than the kid's price.

sorcerer fan
11-28-2015, 09:56 AM
I too have a medical problem with eating and I have never had a problem asking and receiving a kids portion at sit downs in Disney. just make sure you tell your hostess or waiter what the problem is and they will be happy for accomidatating you. once I had to see a manager but they oked it after talking.

BrerGnat
11-28-2015, 10:58 AM
I think medical conditions are handled differently.

VWL Mom
11-28-2015, 11:23 AM
She can order the kids foods, but they will double the portion as well as the price at table service places. At CS, anyone can order off the kids menu.
I agree, when my youngest was 13 or so, he would order from the kid's menu but they would bring a larger portion and charge more. Granted, that was quite a while back.

I think medical conditions are handled differently.
This may be the case.

MNNHFLTX
11-30-2015, 10:35 AM
My MIL (who has had bariatric surgery) ordered off the children's menu once at Wolfgang Puck's in Disney Springs and they did not double the portion or even question it. I'm sure this might be a problem if it is a fixed price meal or if someone is on the dining plan and Disney wants to make sure adults are not using kids meals as a way to cheat the system. But if you're paying cash you should be able to order whatever you want and not pay more.

baldburke
11-30-2015, 12:55 PM
We have a picky eater too (age 18) who often orders from the kids menu. No one's ever objected, but it's inconsistent if we get the adult price or the kids rate. No worries, as long as we have a happy daughter and a great meal experience!