PDA

View Full Version : Friendly FP+ Reminder

VWL Mom
11-24-2015, 03:41 PM
Reports are popping up online regarding MDE problems this week, especially MK. People are having problems pulling up their accounts and the kiosks are backed up. We usually screen shot everything before we go, in the event there's a problem I can still pull up the shot for FP+ and ADR without a hassle and always know our plans.

Goofy4TheWorld
11-24-2015, 06:32 PM
The way MDE has been going very recently, I would take a screen capture on my phone, then get someone else to take a picture of you holding up your phone with the screen capture next to today's newspaper, then post that picture to Twitter in case both phones get lost/damaged!

You just can't overplan for a technically failure of MDE right now.

EeyoresBestFriend
11-25-2015, 11:35 AM
I just had them written on a piece of paper - worked great.

1DisneyNut
11-30-2015, 09:46 PM
We just got back from a trip. My MDE account was messed up when I tried to access it online from a web browser right before we left for our trip. We stayed offsite for the first couple of days and I couldn't do online check in. Online check in didn't show up on the app on my phone and nothing at all showed up online (no reservations, tickets or anything). Guest services tried to fix it but couldn't. I had to call tech support. He fixed my online access and I was able to do online check in but guess what, shortly after that, my account was all messed up from the app. I had to call again and they worked on my account again. Finally, I could get to everything from both the app and online.

It was an extremely irritating experience. As far a WDW trips go, it was the worst as far as satisfaction and enjoyment along with being the most stressful.

My suggestion is to print everything out, which I did but the problems arise when you start trying to access to check in, adjust or make changes while on your vacation. It really should not require so much work to be on vacation.

BrerGnat
11-30-2015, 10:14 PM
When is Disney going to just drop this whole MDE thing and pretend it never happened?

Jeff
12-01-2015, 09:43 AM
For me, MDE has made WDW much less enjoyable.
We are skipping our almost annual Christmas week trip this year. I don't want or need as much preplanning and unflexability as MDE demands of me! It's a vacation not more time with tech issues as many of us have had at work!

Hammer
12-01-2015, 11:59 AM
We were at WDW the first week of November. Even though it was really crowded, we really didn’t have any issues with MDE, and we aren’t big planners. We were able to make many lunch and dinner ADRs either the same day or the night before, including a character meal at Tusker House. Granted, we were a small party and we tend to eat mostly at the resort or signature restaurants, but we were able to do things at our pace.

As for FP+, it actually works to our advantage, as we can book a FP for the afternoon and not have to attempt to get to the park for opening to get FP for the popular rides. While I can see that this won’t work for “park commando” types, I would say it works for a large percentage of people who go to WDW, most who do not frequent boards like this one. They DO need to invest in a more robust IT department, but I have been saying that for many years. As most of you who have visited recently can attest, WDW is not hurting for revenue. Unless their bottom line begins to suffer, don’t expect for MDE to go away.