PDA

View Full Version : Soarin and FP+

Dream'nDisney
11-24-2015, 02:54 PM
If they have an expected reopening date for Soarin (say, for example, July 1), do you think they will they open up the FP+ system 60 days prior to that for people to reserve a FP?

Terra
11-27-2015, 06:34 PM
Good question. If they know they will be done by a certain date they could. But sometimes unforeseen things can delay openings.

Fangorn
11-28-2015, 03:57 PM
If they have an expected reopening date for Soarin (say, for example, July 1), do you think they will they open up the FP+ system 60 days prior to that for people to reserve a FP?

Anything's possible, but it's highly unlikely. Not at the 60 day mark anyway. More typical would be along the lines of what happened with the recent refurb of PotC. The announced date of re-opening was Sep 25. FP+ were not available for PotC until Sep 22 or 23 and then only for Sep 28(?) and after. They did a soft opening on Sep 24 (and there were closures throughout the day) and it did officially open on Sep 25. But it was all standby only until Sep 28. My assumption was that they didn't want to start handing out FP+ until they were sure everything was working OK.

Steve

Dream'nDisney
11-30-2015, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the replies. I guess we will just plan on heading straight to the attraction at rope drop. :mickey:

mechanic
01-03-2016, 10:29 AM
Or right before park closing. We had fp on dec. 24. Wanted to ride again, but couldn't fit in another fp, so we went on the 26th right at end of day. Only waited about 10 minutes. Met Anna & elsa that way too, earlier in week.

MrPeetrie
01-04-2016, 02:27 AM
I can tell you this: Pirates of the Caribbean had a posted re-open dat of 9/26. We arrived on 9/17. On our 60-day mark, I was able to make FastPass+ reaervations for POTC on 9/26. And it reopened that day and we rode it. I hope that helps.