PDA

View Full Version : My tickets will expire without use

magicofdisney
11-23-2015, 09:05 AM
We just got back from our annual trip. We needed to upgrade tickets so I chose older sets we had. While the CM was working on the upgrade, she informed me that my 2-day park hoppers I received with this current package would expire in 2030. I asked her a couple of times to repeat that because it was my understanding that tickets never expire if they're not used. Has anyone else heard that tickets now have an expiration date?

faline
11-23-2015, 09:25 AM
When we were in California earlier this year, the tickets we were issued had a clear expiration date on them. I noticed the same thing when we recently purchased annual passes for Disney World so it appears that Disney has implemented am expiration date for unused ticket media.

EeyoresBestFriend
11-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Eek - that's news to me.

When did you start seeing these dates? Where can I find them on the ticket? I have several 10 day tickets from the past that I was assured were valid until I decided to use them. A couple are non expiring tickets from a couple years back.

faline
11-23-2015, 12:14 PM
California was where I first noticed an expiration date listed on the ticket so thought it might be exclusive to that location but I noticed an expiration date on the annual pass voucher information as well. In California, I believe it was printed right on the back of the ticket.

Fangorn
11-23-2015, 03:04 PM
The expiration date shows up on the MDE website, but not on the MDE app. On the website, if you "Show Tickets and Passes", the expiration date shows up for passes. At least that's what I'm seeing on my account. We have new "gold" passes that are linked but unused, and my grandson has as Florida resident seasonal pass - also unused. All 3 of those passes show the expiration date of December 31, 2030.

Steve

ThanxForNoticin
11-24-2015, 12:37 PM
I just went into the MDE app to check on our tickets, and they are still listed as non-expiring. Not sure how Disney can sell something as non-expiring, and then put an expiration on it. This is confusing - and concerning. Last year when it seemed clear the non-expiring tickets were going away, we bought an extra 10-day non-expiring to help with some short trips we like to do.

Maybe someone out there will know the significance of 12/31/2030 - and why this seems to be popping up now.....

ThanxForNoticin
11-24-2015, 12:38 PM
Sorry - I meant I went onto the MDE web site to check, not the app....