PDA

View Full Version : bc/yc or poly?

biggins
11-19-2015, 05:03 PM
Hello! So we are trying for the third time to get a vacation together for my now 4 year old :mickey: I have always stayed at the bc/yc, but have always wanted to try the poly. Now with my son I think I'll be in the MK a lot, but I love Epcot. I have always loved watching Illuminations in the evenings and then being able to walk back, but I have a feeling we will be having early rising , early falling asleep with my little guy. So any opinions would be very helpful as to why folks like either, especially with little ones but all opinions are welcome!! Thanks in advance!

faline
11-19-2015, 05:58 PM
Stay where you'd like. I've stayed at many different resorts in Disney World and have they each have plusses and minuses. If Beach Club/Yacht Club makes you happiest, stay there. Your 4 year will love it too. Who knows? With an afternoon rest time, you might still be able to view Illuminations and walk "home" just the way you like to do. The Poly is a favorite of mine but I would never advocate that anyone stay anyplace if they would likely be happier at another resort.

BrerGnat
11-19-2015, 08:56 PM
I would strongly recommend sticking with what you know and like for your first trip with a child that age. Likely, you will end up being stressed for various reasons (I remember "vacations" when my kids were that age). Might as well know the resort will be a familiar place and that is one less thing to have to think about. BC/YC is so great for so many reasons. When we first took our kids to WDW we stayed at BC and they were 4 and 5 and it was perfect!

busterthebronco
11-20-2015, 09:03 AM
my wife loves the poly. being on the monorail makes the trip to the MK easy! you can also get to epcot via the monorail!

biggins
11-22-2015, 08:14 AM
Thank you all! Stick with what you know for a first trip with a little one, sound advice! many thanks.