PDA

View Full Version : Fayetteville AR? Want to relocate.

Tiggerlovr9000
11-19-2015, 02:06 PM
We visited Fayetteville a couple of years ago and fell in love. It's so pretty. I am 52, kids are grown and I am so ready for a change. Takes everything in me not to get in the van and just take off. Unfortunately my Dh is much more practical then me. He thinks we should have jobs and a place to live before we take off. He is a machinist, has made ethanol, and now working in a co2 plant. I am a bartender, have been waitress, fast food, hostess. I have had the same job for twelve years. If anyone has any info about how hard you think it will be to get jobs there and what it's like to live there(pro or con) it would be greatly appreciated.

Tiggerlovr9000
11-19-2015, 03:34 PM
Sorry put this in the wrong section. Hopefully someone will move it for me. Thanks

Ed
11-19-2015, 08:37 PM
It's fine right here in the Water Cooler. I don't know the first thing about Fayetteville, but hopefully someone who does will chime in.

Good luck with the move.

andreallybadeggs
11-20-2015, 11:34 AM
We visited Fayetteville a couple of years ago and fell in love. It's so pretty. I am 52, kids are grown and I am so ready for a change. Takes everything in me not to get in the van and just take off. Unfortunately my Dh is much more practical then me. He thinks we should have jobs and a place to live before we take off. He is a machinist, has made ethanol, and now working in a co2 plant. I am a bartender, have been waitress, fast food, hostess. I have had the same job for twelve years. If anyone has any info about how hard you think it will be to get jobs there and what it's like to live there(pro or con) it would be greatly appreciated.

You are preaching to the choir here...have lived all over the world but Fayetteville was always home since attending the UofA and was thrilled when we were able to return here to raise our kids and now grand kids. Northwest Arkansas has low unemployment and with WalMart, Tyson, Jb Hunt and other big companies as well as the university in the area I would say chances are good for finding employment even if not your dream job. Lots of restaurants and bars too of course. We have wonderful amenities in the area -- great venues for concerts, theatre, sporting events, etc. gorgeous scenery, great hiking, floating, bike trails, just all kinds of outdoor fun. Check out the chambers of commerce for Fayetteville, Springdale, Bentonville, Rogers, and Siloam Springs. Four seasons here although winter not as harsh as many areas of the country. We are beginning to experience some growing pains-- lots of us locals not used to the increased traffic, but guess that is what happens when the word gets out about what a great place NW Arkansas is to live. Good luck with your decision.