PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Tea-Garden View Tea Room

angiebaby
11-17-2015, 11:59 AM
My friend just booked this for us and I've no clue what it entails. Can anyone shed some light on this experience?

Thanks!
Angela :princess:

faline
11-17-2015, 12:26 PM
It's quite a lovely experience. Most folks who go are female but a smattering of males show up as well. Once you are seated, you select what you would like - there are a variety of teas offered but they also offer champagne as well. There are also a variety of items to eat - what you might expect from a tea party. When you have finished eating/dining, just like any other restaurant, you settle your bill and leave.

angiebaby
11-17-2015, 12:48 PM
She booked reservations for 12:25 but everything I've seen shows from 2-5pm.. is this a misprint?

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-17-2015, 02:39 PM
It is "officially" 2 - 5, but there are earlier reservations, especially when demand is high. There were some weeks that it was offered starting at 12noon during the summer as well. So, don't worry, you're 12:25 ADR is indeed possible.

We've always enjoyed our tea. The exact details depend on your package, and tea can include tea (of course), champagne, sandwiches, cheese & lavosh, pastries (or the super yummy strawberries and cream), etc. The tea "experts" are awesome, and will walk you through each course and each selection.

Enjoy!

angiebaby
11-17-2015, 02:46 PM
Thank both of you so much for your help.. 1 last question, I promise. Do we get to choose the package we'd like when we get there?

Hammer
11-17-2015, 03:48 PM
Thank both of you so much for your help.. 1 last question, I promise. Do we get to choose the package we'd like when we get there?

Yes, you choose which tea package you want when you arrive.

To reiterate what everyone has said, the GF tea is a great experience! We usually choose the "Grand tea" which includes a glass of champagne. It is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon!

angiebaby
11-17-2015, 03:50 PM
:cloud9: Yay! I can't wait

EeyoresBestFriend
11-22-2015, 11:57 AM
We just returned from our first GF tea party. It was really great! Depending on the package that you choose, you have a variety of interesting bite sized treats. Being a tea drinker helps as there are a variety of teas available that you can only get there. Our favourites were the Mad hatters tea and the Princess party tea. It all adds up to a pretty good meal so plan for it as you would a meal.

Enjoy!