PDA

View Full Version : Boathouse Restaraunt

Zippy 1
11-11-2015, 07:01 PM
Just wondering for those of you who have eaten here how was it? We may be getting a Boathouse restaraunt by Disney in a town close by soon. Need to get the scoop before it opens

Fangorn
11-11-2015, 07:30 PM
We were there the day before the "official" opening. It was an incredible meal. Everything was prepared perfectly, and the service was fantastic. We're going back on Dec 8 - the night we arrive in Orlando. Sooo looking forward to it.

Steve

John
11-11-2015, 11:19 PM
Heading there thanksgiving day for dinner - and will be sure to report on it in the podcast that follows :)

sassafras
11-12-2015, 09:32 AM
We had lunch there in August. It was very relaxing and the food, as well as the staff, was wonderful. That being said, it cost us $58 for 2 cheeseburgers with fries and ice tea. A tad pricey, but very enjoyable. The people sitting next to us had the shrimp which they said were wonderful and they were HUGE! Not much of a drinker, but they had a very impressive bar. The boats inside and outside were beautiful to look at. I would definitely go back again.

disneymom15
11-12-2015, 09:43 AM
We ate there about 3 weeks ago and really enjoyed everything.

Hammer
11-12-2015, 11:38 AM
I just got back from WDW this past weekend (reviews are being written) and had lunch at the Boathouse. Absolutely loved it!

My sister and I started by splitting 1/2 dozen oysters on the half shell, the littleneck clams and the jumbo lump crab and avocado. The oysters were delicious (sent a toast up to our parents in heaven for introducing us to oysters). The clams in the garlic white wine sauce were tender and flavorful. The sauce/broth was so good we made sure to use it to dip the accompanying crostini :tasty: ! The lump crab and avocado cocktail is quite large. It can easily be shared by 2-3 people.

We split the baked stuffed lobster as an entree (dinner reservations were for 8:00 that night, so we knew we would have time to digest a larger lunch). lobster was cooked well, but not overcooked, as can happen sometimes when lobster is baked. it was stuffed with just crab meat with a dusting of breadcrumbs (no filler).

This is definitely a restaurant we will eat at again!

SurferStitch
11-13-2015, 11:47 AM
We're doing a late lunch here on 12/3 before we go to MVMCP. Looking forward to it!!

Zippy 1
11-13-2015, 03:03 PM
Well it is official we are getting a Boathouse in a town about 20 minutes from my house. Can not wait to try it!! THis is so exciting

BrerGnat
11-13-2015, 09:06 PM
Well it is official we are getting a Boathouse in a town about 20 minutes from my house. Can not wait to try it!! THis is so exciting

I saw that. Somewhere in Colorado, right? Which seems kind of odd...is it at least a lakefront town? I would think a restaurant like this would be more at home along the coast.

Zippy 1
11-13-2015, 09:20 PM
It is on a lake in a town called Windsor. It is going to be in a huge 5 star hotel being built

BrerGnat
11-13-2015, 11:01 PM
It is on a lake in a town called Windsor. It is going to be in a huge 5 star hotel being built

Ah..makes sense.

my2whirlies
01-03-2016, 12:43 AM
I have a question.... can anyone tell me how to make the reservations for the Dreamboats? Do we have to eat at the Boathouse to rent the Dreamboat? I'm trying to decide... do we want two table service meals (Sci Fi / Yak and Yeti) or one meal at the Boathouse? The Dreamboat ride sounds so fun! And it will be on my birthday! :)

Lori
June 2016 - Yacht Club
10/2015 - Disneyland
Wilderness Lodge x 3

my2whirlies
01-03-2016, 09:38 AM
I need to clarify my question.... I want to ride in the amphicars.... (not Dreamboats). Does anyone know how to book them?

Lori

faline
01-03-2016, 01:03 PM
This is from the Boathouse website. I don't believe you are required to eat there to take the ride in the car.

Vintage Amphicar Tours of Disney Springs™
The BOATHOUSE® is the only place in the world that offers the unforgettable & thrilling experience of a Captain's Guided Tour in a vintage Amphicar.

These rare cars drive on land and enter the water with a splash, taking you on a fun-filled, 20-minute tour of the landmarks of Disney Springs™.
Lunch & Launch!
$125 per car
Join us for lunch (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.) & receive
$25 off your Amphicar Tour booking. Bring your
receipt into our Ship's Store by 3 p.m. to take
advantage of this special offer! Call for details.
Tours are from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
(weather permitting). Walk-up reservations can be made at the Ship’s Store, adjacent to The BOATHOUSE.
Hours and prices are subject to change without notice.
(407) 939-2628

my2whirlies
01-03-2016, 05:43 PM
So bummed. They don't take reservations. It's first come, first served. No tickets in advance. I plan to make it happen!

MrPeetrie
01-07-2016, 10:25 AM
We ate there on first night of vacation in September. Best meal of entire trip (and we had several good meals.) Great to start vacation off on such a high note. Still comparing meals back home to BOATHOUSE experience. You will not be disappointed.

hurricanehannas4evr
05-08-2016, 08:38 AM
Just returned from our trip April 23-May 2. Had dinner at Boathouse. Ordered a hamburger medium well and had to have it redone because it was rare. They turned around another burger pretty fast. They are in high trainee mode as new hires are being trained for the summer. Very pricey for what you get, but a neat experience for the kids with the boats.