PDA

View Full Version : 2016 DVC Annual Dues Updated November 14th

DVC Mike
11-11-2015, 02:12 PM
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee26/DVC_Mike/Dues/DVCAnnualDuesInformation.png

Still waiting on the dues for Aulani.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee26/DVC_Mike/Dues/CurrentAnnualDues2016_3.pngEdit:

faline
11-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the heads up on what the dues will be!!!

VWL Mom
11-11-2015, 05:22 PM
DVC owners should have gotten an email on Monday. Proposed dues are posted in your account with the Meeting Notices.

faline
11-11-2015, 06:57 PM
I didn't get an e-mail.

VWL Mom
11-11-2015, 07:49 PM
I think you may have to opt out of regular mail in order to get all notices via email.

Now you can choose to receive email communications from your Condominium Association—and stop receiving printed documents via the U.S. Postal Service. You will continue to receive printed notifications if you do not opt in for email.

These communications might include:
News and updates from your Condominium Association
Meeting notices for your Condominium Association
Information about your Annual Dues
Please note that to receive your 2015 Annual Condominium Association Meeting Notice electronically, your electronic consent must be received by October 21, 2015. All electronic consents received after this date are effective for your 2016 Condominium Meeting Association Notice and all meeting notices thereafter. One electronic communication will be delivered per married couple living in the same household.

Note: This is for Condominium Association news only. To change the way you receive other Disney Vacation Club communications, please update your general Contact Preferences.

dlpmikki
11-12-2015, 01:13 AM
Silly question but how do you give consent? Is it somewhere on the site? I'm limited to my tablet for the moment but when I get back to my pc it seems like a good idea especially for overseas members like me.

VWL Mom
11-12-2015, 05:28 AM
Mikki, if you go to your profile you can scroll down and see update contact preferences. You can do it there by allowing them permission to contact via email.

Pirate Granny
11-12-2015, 07:52 AM
I want to know where the money for the BCV referb went to.....the interest on those funds that they put aside for the referb should have lowered our dues a little bit! I'm considering going to the december meeting to ask this question, but probably will get a noncommittal answer which will make me mad that I wasted my time.

Hammer
11-12-2015, 12:49 PM
Of course, one of my two resorts (SSR) had the biggest increase. I am sure this is to fund a future refurbishment. Our room last week was in good condition, but I did notice that the ceiling fans was a bit squeaky and the refrigerator was a bit outdated (though it worked just fine).

VWL Mom
11-13-2015, 06:10 AM
I want to know where the money for the BCV referb went to.....the interest on those funds that they put aside for the referb should have lowered our dues a little bit! I'm considering going to the december meeting to ask this question, but probably will get a noncommittal answer which will make me mad that I wasted my time.
Although I'm all for an extra trip to the world I have read that most of the increases are due to the tax portion of our dues. You may want to check your online statement first.

Pirate Granny
11-13-2015, 07:24 AM
Understand tax increases....still want to know where the $$$ has been sitting that was set aside to referb...that's a lot of interest that had better not been spent on Poly quiet pool and WLV Start construction. Our BCV is in bad need of rehabs...now a YEAR LATE...they didn't state that they were considering, but stated a REHAB...well ?!? Not our decision to move people from WLV a to BCV?

VWL Mom
11-13-2015, 11:37 AM
Understand tax increases....still want to know where the $$$ has been sitting that was set aside to referb...that's a lot of interest that had better not been spent on Poly quiet pool and WLV Start construction. Our BCV is in bad need of rehabs...now a YEAR LATE...they didn't state that they were considering, but stated a REHAB...well ?!? Not our decision to move people from WLV a to BCV?
Didn't mean to sound like I was downplaying your concerns, was just offering a suggestion. Didn't they start the BCV refurb and then stop because they needed the rooms for the VWL abomination? I am at the point right now that I honestly believe their management has ADHD. Finish one before you starting ripping up another and please stop doing stuff piecemeal.

Hammer
11-13-2015, 11:48 AM
Didn't mean to sound like I was downplaying your concerns, was just offering a suggestion. Didn't they start the BCV refurb and then stop because they needed the rooms for the VWL abomination? I am at the point right now that I honestly believe their management has ADHD. Finish one before you starting ripping up another and please stop doing stuff piecemeal.

The information I have been able to gather is that the management team for BCV never got full approval for their refurbishment which is why it was stopped. BC and BCV are two completely different budgets and management teams. Also, I am under the impression each DVC property submits its own budget to the larger DVC association.

I would think that someone lost their job over that mistake!

DVC Mike
11-14-2015, 10:13 AM
This chart shows the rise in annual dues over the years.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee26/DVC_Mike/Dues/DuesHistoryChart_1.png