PDA

View Full Version : INTERCOT Podcast Episode 83 - I Bring The Cheer

John
11-08-2015, 11:43 PM
INTERCOT Insider Live Disney Podcast
Episode 83 - I Bring The Cheer
The Cast: Michael Montanez, Ian Mitchell, Cindy Jachrimo, Christine Warner

- Michael is irritated and Christine looks like Murphy Brown?
- Annual Pass increases on both coasts - Michael and Cindy explain. Ian’s head explodes.
- Does Disney want AP holders or not? *Is it time to build another park due to capacity issues?
- Food and Wine is out of control crowded on the weekends.
- Is tiered pricing for everyday tickets inevitable?
- New and updated INTERCOT forums - now Mobile ready and more features!
- Updated many sections of the site including Theme Parks, Water Parks, Disney Springs, Resorts and more!
- Flying Fish closing for major updates.
- Tables in Wonderland price increase to $175 residents / $150 passholders.
- The year was 1983.
- Sunset Showcase*theater*coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Duffy is out, Daisy is in…
- We get stumped on famous Disney turtles and ignore the obvious.
- Disney updating Fort Wilderness cabins.
- Christine wants to be able to pick a room view at all DVC resorts on points.
- No more storage compartments on Kali River Rapids
- Take it or Leave It - Lockers, John & Michael take them to avoid rides being shut down, Christine says no - OCD issues & no critters, Ian take them and Cindy sort of.
- Cargo shorts/pants are out? *Seriously?
- Candlelight Processional lineup finalized.
- Roller Coaster Tycoon World coming out December 10.
- Pecos to Mexican, Tortuga to Barbecue place.
- Completely forgot a new resort is coming to Universal Orlando
- New exit to Disney Springs is open
- 1983 Movies
- What kind of rinky dink podcast is this!

>> Listen, Download, Share, LOVE (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2015/episode-83.asp)

cer
11-09-2015, 08:03 AM
Yay! Great surprise this Monday morning.

laprana
11-10-2015, 11:30 AM
Thanks for another great podcast! I totally agree with Christine on being able to choose your view at DVC resorts. Let members decide if they want to use more/less points for what they want! Like Ian, the new AP pricing made my head explode. Although after listening, I can at least differentiate now between the Platinum and Platinum Plus passes. I have to admit that I was one of those people yelling at my speakers during the discussion about Disney having no characters that are turtles. "What about Crush and Squirt? Guys, there are 2 turtles in Finding Nemo! Crush has his own attraction! WE HAVE TURTLES!" I'm glad no one could hear me! :blush:

John, you had mentioned wanting suggestions for Thanksgiving dinner at a WDW restaurant. This will be my fourth Thanksgiving trip to WDW with my sister and mom, and twice we have had Thanksgiving dinner at Maya Grill at Coronado Springs. It may seem like a very untraditional place to eat, but both times they offered a full Thanksgiving meal with roasted turkey and all the fixins'. I opted for the Three Amigos enchiladas (which are fantastic!) both times, but my mom chose the turkey dinner and said it was delicious. Last year we tried Olivia's, which was ok. This year we are going the Italian route and eating at Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk. Who needs turkey when you can have chicken parm? :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
11-10-2015, 12:14 PM
Just listened yesterday. The new AP pricing at DL makes me sad too but we are not backing down! Actually, the $1049 pass is not something I need anyway. I would never go to Disneyland the 2 weeks surrounding Christmas and New Years anyway. The next level down just blacks that out but nothing more and alsp includes the photopass for a bump of about $50 over what I paid for my premium AP in June. Not that bad. Deluxe passes increased about $50 as well, so for my family we are only looking at a $200 total increase when we renew next year (minus any renewal discounts...which was actually $60 last year on premium APs).

I find it interesting that Universal Hollywood is planning to suspend its AP program before Wizarding World opens next spring. If this is actually successful, I fear Disney may follow in their footsteps and do the same before SW land opens. That will be devastating...

Wilderness Lodge does have some really bad rooms/views. That smokehouse/dumpster view is okay on the 6th or 7th floor, where you can see the fireworks, but otherwise, no. And ground floor accessible rooms are the worst. I got one of those for ICOT 15 and I complained and ended up in a courtyard view room. Even booking Courtyard view there, you are not guaranteed a view of the inner courtyard. What is that all about???

And I was, sadly, not surprised about the attitude you guys got at DCA guest relations. For whatever reason, a lot of the guest service CMs that work at DCA are really snotty. I've encountered it with dealing with obtaining a DAS for our son.

Scott C
11-11-2015, 04:36 PM
I thought that I read that the clearing north of epcot was for a solar farm.

I feel that you missed the point on the Kali River issue. I have observed situations where riders have spent so much time loading their possessions into the storage area that they did not have time to properly get buckled in.

Another fine effort otherwise

Thanks
Scott C

JMTStone
11-13-2015, 03:25 PM
Ian's risk management people are packing their bags https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=guy+climbs+mexico+disensy+epcot&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-004