PDA

View Full Version : Ack! Getting Goofy bib/to expo? Advice?

Awesome_guy
11-06-2015, 10:07 PM
We arrive in ORL at 4:45pm Thurs Jan 7.

*Thursday option - The expo closes at 7:00pm. IF airport transportation took us directly to expo luggage and all, would we have a chance, even if delayed anywhere along the way. Canadians clear US customs in Canada prior to departure when flying from major centers so that's one less potential delay in ORL; that will be done beforehand. Staying at Dolphin. So then could use transportation from Expo to Dolphin (even with baggage?) Is this a terrible option? Will this be a total hassle and rush?

*Friday option - the expo opens at 9 and closes again at 7. This day we are hoping to get to Universal and doing 2 parks. Travel Companion is a HP fan and has never done Universal or HPW. This would mean either not getting to park at opening or leaving park early (Park hours are 9-8). How busy will they be? I KNOW, with two big runs coming Saturday/Sunday pacing things is already necessary but this seems 11th hour and seems like it cuts of options. Could we get transportation from Expo to Universal in decent time if at Expo right at 9?

Advice?

Too bad the hours aren't a bit more open-ended, non?

BrerGnat
11-06-2015, 10:27 PM
You can make it! Last year, my husband landed at 4:45. I flew in early that morning. We had a rental car so I picked him up and we were at the expo by about 6:00. We were done by 6:30. Taking your luggage will be a huge pain, but you will be able to make it if you go straight from the airport.

Awesome_guy
11-06-2015, 10:30 PM
haha, thanks! I'm glad you "lived" the experience and can empathize with the huge luggage pain. We should film a reality show of the whole experience. It's like a pre-marathon marathon.

BrerGnat
11-06-2015, 11:28 PM
haha, thanks! I'm glad you "lived" the experience and can empathize with the huge luggage pain. We should film a reality show of the whole experience. It's like a pre-marathon marathon.

I was big-time stressed out about it. He was running the next day and doing a challenge so if we hadn't made it, he would have been screwed. His flight was supposed to land at 4:20 but it was delayed. That didn't help my stress level, lol!