PDA

View Full Version : Silly question - Breakfast the morning of the race

goofynmd
11-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Are the food courts open at the ungodly hour of 4am in order for us to grab breakfast before heading out for the marathon? Or do we need to plan ahead and purchase our food the day before?

Speedy1998
11-06-2015, 12:56 PM
It seems to me the last time I stayed at a resort, that the food courts opened at 6am. It has been a few years since I stayed on site though.

BrerGnat
11-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Race days are different. They should have SOMETHING open around 3:30 or 4:00 at your resort. I know when we did the races last January, the lobby bar at the Yacht Club was open at 3:30am to serve coffee and continental breakfast stuff. However, I would recommend just buying something the night before to keep in your room so you can eat on the bus or in your room prior to leaving. I bought a banana and milk for pre race and ate it in my room before heading out.

cer
11-06-2015, 07:24 PM
So, for our first marathon, we stayed at ASMu, and purchased a "boxed breakfast" the night before from the resort. It had a bagel and banana and I can't remember what all. It was just ok, (basel was a little tough) but when we ran the next year and all future races, we brought our own food from home and packed it in our suitcase. On race days we like peanut butter and bagels and banana. We bought the banana from the resort the night before. It's also good practice not to change up your "go to" foods on long run/race days - you don't want to risk any GI distress.

Congratulations on your first half!