PDA

View Full Version : MagicBand on Demand comes to Magic Kingdom

John
10-23-2015, 10:40 AM
From the Disney Parks Blog

Guests now have a new option to create and personalize retail MagicBands at Walt Disney World Resort. We recently opened a new retail MagicBand on Demand station inside the Tomorrowland Power & Light Co. location near Space Mountain in Magic Kingdom Park. This new option for guests is similar to the D-Tech on Demand boutique first introduced in June 2014 at the Marketplace Co-Op in Disney Springs Marketplace (as seen in this video).

Retail MagicBand on Demand Opens in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom Park CAPTION

At the Tomorrowland location, you may choose to create either a retail MagicBand or a D-Tech phone case. If creating a retail MagicBand, we offer your choice of eight different MagicBand colors including purple.

There are also approximately 40 graphics to apply to your custom MagicBand. There will be a few MagicBand graphics that will only be found in this location that salute classic Magic Kingdom Park attractions and icons (the first image in this story has a few examples).

In addition to artwork, the retail MagicBand can be personalized with a name printed on the outside.

Once designed, the retail MagicBand is printed in the location. The printers use UV ink which dries immediately and requires no cooling time.

For the final step, the custom retail MagicBand can be either associated to your My Disney Experience account, or you can give it as a gift to friends or family who may be visiting Walt Disney World Resort soon.

Retail for a custom retail MagicBand is $21.95 while a personalized retail MagicBand is $29.95.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-23-2015, 12:09 PM
Of course, the question I'm asking (and the one I'm assuming everyone is asking) ... can I just order purple through MDE, or can I only get a purple one if I pay to "make my own"?

BrerGnat
10-23-2015, 12:51 PM
Okay, I kind of like this. Of course it's a money grab, but the designs are pretty cool.

baldburke
10-23-2015, 01:12 PM
Of course, the question I'm asking (and the one I'm assuming everyone is asking) ... can I just order purple through MDE, or can I only get a purple one if I pay to "make my own"?

Not at last check when we ordered about four weeks ago. Always thought purple would be a cool addition. I could understand how they'd want to make it a "premium" color.

baldburke
10-23-2015, 01:14 PM
Leave it to Disney to find a way to make more money on something you already bought! Cool commemorative idea though!

Melanie
10-23-2015, 02:06 PM
My thoughts haven't changed on this (from the gibits they released.) Horrible money grab.

And yes, same question as Heather. I want t a purple one...that comes with a reservation. I don't want my name plastered all over it.

Fangorn
10-23-2015, 03:36 PM

Not at last check when we ordered about four weeks ago. Always thought purple would be a cool addition. I could understand how they'd want to make it a "premium" color.

As of 5 minutes ago, purple is still NOT and option for a standard band. DW soooo wants a purple one this time.

Steve

John
10-23-2015, 04:21 PM
Just a tip... A google search on magic bands will bring up a few companies that do skins for your existing magic bands. Might be a cheaper way to personalize stuff you already have....

Aurora
10-23-2015, 04:23 PM
I see a money grab as something that you have to pay for that you used to get without paying extra. You still get the basic bands. If you want the "extra," then you pay.

I really like the bottom designs. I have no problem with paying for something like that as long as prices are within the range of a souvenir bracelet.

. It's like I have to say that I really like these designs -- they're more like souvenir bracelets than

faline
10-23-2015, 05:46 PM
The designs are pretty cool but I don't see myself spending the extra money for something I would only wear while at Disney World.

Isabella
10-23-2015, 07:48 PM
Just a tip... A google search on magic bands will bring up a few companies that do skins for your existing magic bands. Might be a cheaper way to personalize stuff you already have....

Has anyone done this? Do they stay on well or peel off? There are some really good designs at http://www.magicyourband.com and that was the first one I looked at. Great idea John!

Isabella
10-23-2015, 07:51 PM
http://d3u7ptmxvtdshx.cloudfront.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/210x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/d/gdgh_split.jpg
This is fun too! Glow in the dark!

texas211
10-23-2015, 07:54 PM
The designs are pretty cool but I don't see myself spending the extra money for something I would only wear while at Disney World.

Amen. Plus something that gets all scuffed up, and dirty. That is basically disposable.

i'm grumpy
10-26-2015, 08:04 PM
I wanted a HM one, but I just couldn't spend $25 for a plastic bracelet.

BrerGnat
10-26-2015, 08:30 PM
I wanted a HM one, but I just couldn't spend $25 for a plastic bracelet.

Yeah, the prices are steep. I think $19.95 is the maximum price these should be. $15 is more around a price I would be willing to pay.

Terra
10-27-2015, 12:31 PM

I agree. As much as I think all the magic band designs are, I just don't bring myself to buy one because really what do you do with it when done? [Although to be fair I'm an AP holder so I use it all the time], but still aside from being in "the world", I don't wear it all the time at home so I'd rather buy a mug with the money. Something I'd use virtually everyday.

hauntedmansiongirl
10-29-2015, 05:32 AM
Has anyone done this? Do they stay on well or peel off? There are some really good designs at http://www.magicyourband.com and that was the first one I looked at. Great idea John!

We bought these for our last trip and they looked good for about 2 days. Then they started peeling off and made a huge mess of the band leaving sticky goo all over it. I definitely would not recommend them. It makes me sad, because I had such high hopes for them!

Terra
10-29-2015, 12:42 PM
We bought these for our last trip and they looked good for about 2 days. Then they started peeling off and made a huge mess of the band leaving sticky goo all over it. I definitely would not recommend them. It makes me sad, because I had such high hopes for them!

Thank you for the review. I was about to purchase one this weekend, but think I won't now. Bummer. Too bad they weren't better.

Bay Lake
10-29-2015, 01:23 PM
Thank you for the review. I was about to purchase one this weekend, but think I won't now. Bummer. Too bad they weren't better.

I don't think they are stickers, the images are laser printed on the band in the same way that the phone cases are made on site.

BrerGnat
10-29-2015, 01:35 PM
I don't think they are stickers, the images are laser printed on the band in the same way that the phone cases are made on site.

They were talking about the bands from magic your band, not Disney.

MagicYOURBand
10-29-2015, 01:49 PM

Hi - I am sorry you had problems with your skins they should not have come off after 2 days - please can you email me [email protected] with details of your order so I can look in to it as it not normal.

tjstrike
10-29-2015, 02:51 PM

We all bought the cloth type material covers the last time we were down there and they make the magic band much more comfortable to wear.

LilyTeal
10-29-2015, 04:15 PM

I have to give a big thumbs up for magicyourband.com I've ordered from them twice already, once in April and again in September. They were really easy to apply and stayed in place for the full 10 days of our trip in April, even through a full day at a waterpark.

When it came time for our September trip the stickers from April peeled off perfectly well and didn't leave any sticky stuff on the bands.

I'm just about to order for a quick December trip and cant recommend them highly enough plus their customer service is outstanding!

WiltonJohn
11-15-2015, 02:19 PM

We used those for our whole party when we were there in August 2015. They worked just fine, lasted well attached the whole time we were there (9 days). It was hot and sweaty and sunscreen-y... and they did not come loose. Will likely keep them on the bands for any coming future visits.

Pay attention of cleaning the MagicBand before applying the skin... and take time to really smooth it onto the band.

best,

................john

Isabella
11-15-2015, 03:27 PM
We did go ahead and purchase from wwwmagicyourband.com

I can not speak to the wear of the skins yet since our trip is in December, but can tell you, in a world where excellent customer service seems to be a thing of the past, Tracy (the owner), goes far above and beyond any expectations I have for any company! We received our bands in a timely manner and they are beautiful!!! We are excited to use all the different styles, including one for Christmas! For the price they are a great option to add a bit of personality to the otherwise blah and NONPURPLE bands offered to date.

We'll let you know how they do on our trip!