PDA

View Full Version : What's you favorite Thanksgiving meal at WDW?

busterthebronco
10-22-2015, 02:10 PM
We are thinking of staying over the holiday itself. Where would y'all suggest we eat our Thanksgiving meal?

:chef:

John
10-22-2015, 03:36 PM
Dittos - We'll be there then as well.

3 years ago (it might have been 2) - We were there then as well and did thanksgiving dinner as well at the Pop Century resort. Turkey, stuffing, corn, cranberries etc. Was actually pretty good. Short of going to Earl of Sandwich and getting the turkey dinner sandwich :)

kschn3671
10-22-2015, 04:05 PM
I have been going to Disney World for the last 20 years or so around thanksgiving so I have alot of experience with this topic. I have ate at various places including Kona cafe, Captains Grill among other places.

I made my reservations 180 days out so not sure what you can get now. I would suggest Libery Tree Tavern. However most restaurants at WDW serve some kind of buffet or Thanksgiving meal (Turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberries etc) on Thanksgiving. You can even get it at places like Biergarden and other non traditional American Restaurants in WDW.

Would love to chat about it on your podcast sometime. Drop me a private message if interested. Thanks

John
10-22-2015, 04:20 PM
I have been going to Disney World for the last 20 years or so around thanksgiving so I have alot of experience with this topic. I have ate at various places including Kona cafe, Captains Grill among other places.

I made my reservations 180 days out so not sure what you can get now. I would suggest Libery Tree Tavern. However most restaurants at WDW serve some kind of buffet or Thanksgiving meal (Turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberries etc) on Thanksgiving. You can even get it at places like Biergarden and other non traditional American Restaurants in WDW.

Would love to chat about it on your podcast sometime. Drop me a private message if interested. Thanks

Thanks for the reply and thanks for joining to reply ;)

missymouseworld
10-22-2015, 05:40 PM
I always enjoyed the meal at the Garden Grill. When we were there they had roasted turkey with gravy, mashed potatoes, garden vegetables, stuffing etc. (they also had beef/fish/and other sides) The bread and butter they serve is really good too. It is served family style, served at the table. I would think at Thanksgiving time they would have more.

Kairi_7378
10-22-2015, 06:49 PM
I would pick Artist Point (for an American Style meal) or Sanaa (for something less traditional.) You might have more luck at the resort restaurants since your trip is coming up quickly

buzznwoodysmom
10-22-2015, 08:04 PM
At this point it may come down to what you can actually find available. We have been in Disney several times for Thanksgiving and have had all our Thanksgiving dinners at Cape May Cafe. They offer a nice buffet that has both traditional Thanksgiving items as well as seafood. And their dessert buffet has always been excellent.

We have also had meals at Liberty Tree Tavern during the week of Thanksgiving, just never on Thanksgiving Day.

John
10-29-2015, 09:29 AM
Just following up on this... not a whole lot was available as of a few days ago. Went on Open Table and found reservations for the Boathouse on Thanksgiving afternoon. We'll be eating at 4pm as Dayton plays Iowa at the ESPN Milkhouse at 8:30pm ;)

Seemed like a good option for us. Literally searching Disney dining for dinner that evening gave us about 5-6 choices and all of them were non traditional fare.

busterthebronco
11-01-2015, 10:10 AM
Just following up on this... not a whole lot was available as of a few days ago. Went on Open Table and found reservations for the Boathouse on Thanksgiving afternoon. We'll be eating at 4pm as Dayton plays Iowa at the ESPN Milkhouse at 8:30pm ;)

Seemed like a good option for us. Literally searching Disney dining for dinner that evening gave us about 5-6 choices and all of them were non traditional fare.

Isn't there a place to eat a Wide World of Sports?

RedSoxFan
11-08-2015, 06:53 AM
We have eaten at BOMA'S a few times for Thanksgiving. They have turkey, etc as well as their regular buffet food. Very good.

awaggett
11-23-2015, 01:01 PM
We've done Thanksgiving at Disney a few times--my favorite dinner was at the sushi bar at Poly. We had had other plans, but got side tracked and ended up at Poly. It was super fun! We've also done Liberty Tree and the Wave on Thanksgiving day--all were good.