PDA

View Full Version : Epcot-Live Entertainment Question

wiltsan
10-19-2015, 05:52 PM
Hi Folks - We will be visiting next week after a two year hiatus and are very excited for many new things but also a bit concerned about some of the changes. We were very disheartened when we learned that Mo Rockin', Off Kilter, UK Players, Drum Corps., were be eliminated from the World Showcase. One of our favorite things to do is to stroll the WS and watch all the musical acts. Have they replaced these acts and are they any good? Please provide detail, we so enjoyed Mo Rockin and Off Kilter.

Also, getting slightly nervous about crowds for the last week of October. Used to be a great time to go, I get the sense from the lack of dining and FP's that it is now one of the busiest. (We booked this trip two weeks ago so getting shut out of a lot).

As always, thanks!

wiltsan
10-19-2015, 07:24 PM
I should add, not live entertainment at the American Garden's theater but street entertainment around the World Showcase.

Also, I must always have really dumb questions because I never get any responses. Too funny (or frustrating).

5 days, can't wait! TTFN

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-19-2015, 09:09 PM
I'm sorry ... I don't think we stopped to watch ANYTHING at Epcot, outside of the Voice of Liberty. Nothing really caught our interest.

That being said, the Chinese Acrobats are still pretty awesome, and the comedy troupe in Italy is always amusing, but really, Epcot entertainment isn't like it used to be.

Jeff
10-20-2015, 06:42 AM
Both Mo'Rockin and Off Kilter are unfortunately gone! Two favorites replaced by lesser acts. Canada now has a lumberjack show, never saw what replaced Mo'Rockin!

TheVBs
10-20-2015, 07:10 AM
The comedy troupe isn't in Italy anymore. They had sort of a clown/juggler that rides in on a mini gondola with wheels. It was cute, but not as good as the comedy troupe was.

wiltsan
10-20-2015, 08:43 AM
I just don't get it. For us, these are beloved acts and to provide lesser acts doesn't make any sense. Cost? Feel they have been in place too long? Illuminations Reflections of Earth- which we love - has been going since we saw it at its debut for the Millennium.

With Mo Rockin, we literally have had magical experiences with the belly dancer Arianna since my DD was 4 years old. She is now 11 and the last time we saw her two years ago, Arianna said to her, "where have you been, its been so long, you are all grown up." It was a total magical moment that made my DD's trip.

MrPeetrie
10-21-2015, 03:49 PM
Wiltsan, I share your sentiment. I loved the old performers, but if they're going to replace them with lesser acts and it doesn't affect the turnstiles, I don't anticipate a change in philosophy.

The lumberjack show that replaced Off Kilter is, in my mind, horrible. I know some here like it. I found it loud, dull, and basically unwatchable. On the other hand, we own two Off Kilter CDs we listen to at home as we were such fans. (So sad about this.)

To be fair, I was sad about losing Brittish Invasion, but Brittish Revolution is excellent, too. I miss the World Showcase Players. Didn't see Living Statue on last trip, or Origami Lady. Performances were mush less than I remember.

Those acts may have been replaced. I'm. It there enough to know.

Altair
10-21-2015, 06:50 PM
The comedy troupe isn't in Italy anymore. They had sort of a clown/juggler that rides in on a mini gondola with wheels. It was cute, but not as good as the comedy troupe was.

Sergio has been there for years, he is not a replacement.