PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks from the Poly

MILWDIANA
10-19-2015, 02:01 PM
Is anyone allowed to watch the fireworks from the beach at Poly or must you be a registered guest at the resort??
Where are some other (free) options to watch the fireworks outside of the park??

TIA

34 more days!!! :mickey:

faline
10-19-2015, 06:34 PM
There are times when the Poly may limit beach access to view the fireworks but these are typically around New Year's and the 4th of July. I haven't watched from this area since the new waterfront vacation club rooms were added so I'm not sure what effect they've had.

I've watched the fireworks from the dock at the Grand Floridian. Someone else mentioned Gasperella's also offers a good view. There is a viewing deck at the Contemporary Resort (I think it's the 4th floor - in any case, it's the same floor as Chef Mickey's but at the opposite end of the buildng). We have also watched them from the beach at Ford Wilderness.

Polynesian Dweller
10-19-2015, 11:25 PM
The Poly beach west of the Hawaii Building is just fine and last week the music was piped in. The site lines are just fine. From Hawaii east the bungalows block the site lives and interfere with the electrical water pageant. Nobody sits there.

MILWDIANA
10-20-2015, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the ideas!! We don't plan on going to the MVMCP but would like to see the fireworks. :mickey: